Aqualighter DAQUARIUM 5L - The Planted Tank Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
Aqualighter DAQUARIUM 5L

Tank
Aqualighter DAQUARIUM 5L (17 cm x 17 cm x 17 cm)

Light
AquaLighter Pico

Substrate
ADA Aquasoil

Hardscape
Pagoda stone

Flora
Fissidens sp. "Mini Taiwan"
Hemianthus callitrichoides 'Cuba'
Riccardia chamedryfolia

This is my second dry start tank. Not sure if the HC will last once I flood since the light seems pretty dim. If anything, I may end up adding some crypt parva, buces or anubias chili. Anything that's miini/micro/pico!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||

Last edited by bereninga; 05-18-2016 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Added more stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 02:56 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hahaha I wonder if this one will remain in emersed form indefinitely like your other one. Like the simplicity of the scape though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bereninga and bereninga like this.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Aqualighter DAQUARIUM 5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opare View Post
Hahaha I wonder if this one will remain in emersed form indefinitely like your other one. Like the simplicity of the scape though.

Lol! Thanks! This one has a lid, so way higher chance of getting flooded. Plus, I have some plants in mind that I'd like to put in this. 2-3 months of dsm only!
Opare and Opare like this.

||
||

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 03:20 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

So simple and awesome.
I can imagine some buces being attached at the base of the rock on the left side.
Definitely like it, now the long DSM wait haha
bereninga and bereninga like this.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 12:17 PM
Planted Member

WOW! Love the simplicity of the scape. Where did you buy that awesome light and for how much? I really like the small and neat style this light has. I went to the aqualighter website and they also have an Aqualighter Nano.

Ain't nothin' better than a dwarf puffer to greet you at the door!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo33 View Post
So simple and awesome.
I can imagine some buces being attached at the base of the rock on the left side.
Definitely like it, now the long DSM wait haha
Yeah, I've been researching some mini and small buces w/ dark leaves. I'm still debating if I want the kind w/ wavy edges or not. I think a bunch of them would give the effect of palm trees lining the bottom of the mountain. I need some really, really small buces! Mini kedagang might look pretty good. I won't get them until after I flood though because I don't want to deal w/ the transition phase of buces. They're too expensive to deal w/ that. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwagumist View Post
WOW! Love the simplicity of the scape. Where did you buy that awesome light and for how much? I really like the small and neat style this light has. I went to the aqualighter website and they also have an Aqualighter Nano.
Thanks! The light was included in the set, but you can buy it separately here: http://www.amazon.com/COLLAR-AquaLighter-Pico-Freshwater-Aquarium/dp/B00K3LPOSY. The LFS had the Pico set, so I got one. The Nano looks good too! This Pico one is really small, so if you want to go slightly bigger, that Nano would be good as well.

||
||
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 10:33 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (73/100%)
Nice! I like big rocks in small tanks I had done something similar in a 0.9G a while back.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 04:05 AM
Wannabe Guru

Good call on the 'Kedagang Mini' was gonna suggest the exact same thing. 'Catherine Mini' might also be good but it's leaves are more slender. But, yeah agree that dry starting Buceps is not worth it.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 09:16 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Yea they could look really cool.
Excited for how this turns out, buces are quickly becoming one of my favourites!
Id say go Kedagang!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcards View Post
Nice! I like big rocks in small tanks I had done something similar in a 0.9G a while back.
Thanks! Big rocks in small tanks are just so beautiful in their simplicity. I can't wait to flood this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opare View Post
Good call on the 'Kedagang Mini' was gonna suggest the exact same thing. 'Catherine Mini' might also be good but it's leaves are more slender. But, yeah agree that dry starting Buceps is not worth it.
I tried going some regular Kedagang in an emersed setup (I think they were submerged before) and they mainly melted. Only a couple of sprigs survived. Since they're so expensive, I don't want to risk that again. I'll have to wait a while though to get some buces for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo33 View Post
Yea they could look really cool.
Excited for how this turns out, buces are quickly becoming one of my favourites!
Id say go Kedagang!
Thanks! I also like the dark coloration of them. Man, DSM takes so long!

===

Wanted to share an "updated" shot. Not much of a change since it's only been a week, but at least I cleaned the glass this time. Hehe

I added some flame moss in the background, but you won't be able to see it until it starts growing upwards. I also added a bit of riccardia chamedryfolia that will hopefully attach to the rock.

||
||
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 12:24 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Yep okay this is awesome.

Subscribed.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 09:49 PM
Algae Grower

This looks awesome. Like your own little mountain. Great hardscape.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Added some "ultra mini" dark bucephelandra to the scape. Sorry, too lazy to crop. Heheh I think the buces were grown emersed because the leaves were pretty stiff once I got them. I think they get more delicate submerged. But hey, I'm a buce noob, what do I know? DSM continues! The HC is starting to climb the mountain like ivy. I guess it's going towards the light, which isn't very bright to begin with.
Opare and Opare like this.

||
||
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Time for a trim? Flooded today because trimming when flooded is easier. Hopefully everything lives! The HC has really grown in way too much.
Opare, Opare, BBogdan and 3 others like this.

||
||
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 03:30 AM
Planted Tank Guru

wha happened? -(o-o-) why u no update epic tanks!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode