Which inflow/outflow Lily Pipes? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Which inflow/outflow Lily Pipes?

Pretty much decided on ADA Mini-L, will either run AquaClear 20, Zoomed 501, or Eheim 2211. If I run a canister want to go with in/out lily pipes.

Questions:

One website says Mini-L is 14x9.5x12, other website says its 18" long, which is correct?

On the website there are 4 different 13mm inflows (v-1, v-3, v-4 v-5), 2 different outflows (p-2, p-4) but no explanation of the differences! Don't know which to use.

I'm assuming I'd use 13mm, but there are also 10mm and 17mm...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)
You can always call Aqua forest and find out which they recommend.

I think the Do!aqua pipes lists the differences.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)
Mini L is 45x24x30cm, or ~18"x9.5"x12"
ADG apparently used the Mini-M measurements as a template and forgot to change the length because 14.17" is 36cm ;p

The inflow/outflow pipes you'll need depend more on the filter you're going to be using. The ZooMed would be way too underpowered to filter a tank thats almost 9g. The 2211 would WORK, but I'd go higher if you could. 2213 at least, which would mean you'd be using 13mm inflow and outflow pipes.
AFA has both of them in stock right now
Inflow
Outflow
Lilly Outflow

I personally love having ADA pipes on an ADA tank, but if you want to go cheaper, you can go with the Do!aqua pipes Inflow & Outflow

If you decide to go with a 2211 filter, there is a Mini P-1 listed in the SnS right now, used, for just over $50 shipped. Great deal on that.

Hope this helped you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks,
I'll go the 2213. Do you think the ADA light form the mini-M would work on the Mini-L?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gipper View Post
Thanks,
I'll go the 2213. Do you think the ADA light form the mini-M would work on the Mini-L?
No. The Mini Solar series are designed specifically for the tanks they are meant to accompany. There is a metal plate under the light that the tank sits on top of. I've got the Solar M and the Mini M directly to my left and there is about 2cm of clearance on either side, so you'd have 6-7cm of overhang.
I too am looking for a light for a Mini-L, I've found some that work but they are either out of stock (this one) or I can't find them anywhere anymore. (Current Satellite Model 1002)

|

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (188/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrrramos View Post
No. The Mini Solar series are designed specifically for the tanks they are meant to accompany. There is a metal plate under the light that the tank sits on top of. I've got the Solar M and the Mini M directly to my left and there is about 2cm of clearance on either side, so you'd have 6-7cm of overhang.
I too am looking for a light for a Mini-L, I've found some that work but they are either out of stock (this one) or I can't find them anywhere anymore. (Current Satellite Model 1002)

AFA has a light perfect for hte Mini L it was brought in for AFA, Ugly Genius has one on his tank. I think it was around $100 for the light wiht 8000k bulb, 36 watt I believe.

Craig

Fluval Spec III Shelf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwill View Post
"C'mon, they're just plants, man, no big deal -- try some"
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks Dudes, we need UG to weigh in here with his illumination!

Light choice isony thing I'm waitin on for buyin the setup. Both of u have kiiler tanks BTW
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

It would be easy to gow ith Mini-M and get the ADA light but I like the idea of a slightly bigger tank... what do you guys think?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 03:21 AM
Wannabe Guru

http://shop.aquatouch.com/ProductDet...ode=AIC%2D0081

That's the light Craig is talking about. 36W Archaea Fixture.

The Mini-M is a great tank, but it's about 3.5g smaller. Really easy to scape though, and if you go full ADA with the light and all it looks nothing short of amazing.

|

Last edited by rrrrramos; 02-21-2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Fixed the link
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (188/100%)
I loved my Mini M when I had it, but the Mini L will give you more options.

Fluval Spec III Shelf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwill View Post
"C'mon, they're just plants, man, no big deal -- try some"

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode