My A.N. Cocoon 45 "ADA style...." - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
My A.N. Cocoon 45 "ADA style...."

Hi there....this is a journal of me trying to make a nice nature aquarium!

Here are the specs:

Tank: Aquatic Nature cocoon L45*B28*H30cm with rounded edges.
Stand: DIY ADA style cabinet matt ash grey.
Lighting: 2X Aquatic Nature Spectra 18W
Filter: JBL Cristalprofi E700 with PM (ADA knockoff) nano lily pipes.
Heater: Hydor in-line heater 200W
CO2: Aqua medic with Dennerle glassware.
Soil: ADA Aquasoil Amazonia II with Power Sand Special S.
Stone and wood: Seiru rock and spider wood.
Ferts: Brighty K and Green Brighty.

Ok now for some pics:

As you can see i am in the middle off hardscaping.......do you have any suggestions about the placement of rocks and stones?

O and i'm having a bit of a problem choozing plants....will HC grow to a nice lawn under 2X18W power Compact? I have no idea...
Maybe mosses and ferns.......

Greetings Hans
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (72/100%)
i like your setup. The only thing I would suggest is put one of those lights on the other side of the tank so you get an even distribution of light. Other than that, you are off to a great start.

If I were you I would try glosso as a foregroud with some type of moss on the wood.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 03:01 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Wow, great start so far. I wouldn't change anything about the hardscaping you've done. It looks awesome.

I agree with the above suggestion to move one of the lamps to the other side to get a more even light distribution.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 04:06 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
I think the hard scape looks great!

I don't know much about plants for high light setups so I'm afraid i'm not much help there, but I was going to suggest the same thing as Zeldar, I would clip one light to each end of the tank to achieve the most even light distribution possible.

Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3 year old Tibetan Terrier named Whisky
11 year old miniature Poodle named Cody
I enjoy having a zoo to care for!

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
nice setup. You should send me your rocks.

-

-
-
AQUATIC GAZETTE FEATURE

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Send a message via Yahoo to ldk59
The hardscape looks fine to me... it has a very "relaxed" vibe to it.

I (also) think you should move the second light fixture to the other side of the tank... it will provide more balance (and a more balanced light pattern)

I don't think you'll have any trouble growing HC under those lights, the C02
will help as well.

HTH

Larry
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thanks for your reactions!
I know the light placement is not ideal, however a light on either side is also not a perfect solution because the lights are longer than the tank and have to cross each other for some 5cm....

I am thinking of DIYing the lights to an ADA style solution:

or:

Oh and Fat Guy: Those rocks are coming from Amano's Japanese garden......so no way you're gonna get them!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I understand what you're saying about the lights, however, I think for the overall even spread of the light it would be better (in my very humble opinion) to have the overlap in the center instead of all to one side so that each side of the tank is getting good light.

Can't wait to see this filled with plants!

3 year old Tibetan Terrier named Whisky
11 year old miniature Poodle named Cody
I enjoy having a zoo to care for!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode