Small Co2 Regulators - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (73/100%)
Small Co2 Regulators

Looking to buy a few small regulators for a few nanos that will work with paintball cylinders. Any recommendations from first hand experience. Thanks in advance for any info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (35/100%)
I've had pretty good results with this one.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/4531/product.web

It fits nicely on a 20oz cylinder and has a solenoid and needle valve on it. Not bad for $90.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (17/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to ldk59
You get what you pay for...

http://www.greenleafaquariums.com/co...regulator.html

Orlando @ GLA will be happy to hook you up

HTH

Larry K

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Thanks for the input, but I'm really looking for experiences with 'small' size regulators. Full size dual-guage can be found almost anywhere. You see alot of small regulators on ebay, etc, but I don't trust them so I'm looking for experiences. Other than the ADA brand I don't see anyone selling small size regulators that I know work well.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I've actually just found this place about a week after I got mine from the site listed above. I actually don't like the one from that pet place, it doesn't dial down very well for fine tuning the bps. I can't seem to get it to a consistent flow, its either one bubble every 2 or 3 seconds, or a steady stream of bubbles. Check out my link, I haven't bought from them, but I'm interested as well.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb210 View Post
I've actually just found this place about a week after I got mine from the site listed above. I actually don't like the one from that pet place, it doesn't dial down very well for fine tuning the bps. I can't seem to get it to a consistent flow, its either one bubble every 2 or 3 seconds, or a steady stream of bubbles. Check out my link, I haven't bought from them, but I'm interested as well.
Thanks. Looks like they have alot of Nano-specific product. The co2 kits looks like a similiar design to ADA where you have to purchase disposable cylinders (which of course aren't very cost-effective), but they do sell an adapter that says it will work with larger bottles so I'm assuming paintball, but not 100% sure.

http://www.aquatic-nature.com/2eng_co2-4.html
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 02:26 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Make sure to call and find out if the product fits paintball co2 or metric threading. I wasted money on aquaspot world's co2 regulator like this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 03:23 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Send a message via Yahoo to ldk59
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcards View Post
Other than the ADA brand I don't see anyone selling small size regulators that I know work well.
My bad, I mis-read your request (I'm blaming it on old age)... How about this one http://www.aquaticplantenthusiasts.c...o2-system.html

No experience as it's brand spankin' new, but I'll bet it's top notch (as are all products from GLA)

I use the ADA system 74/Yer.2 on my nano, but having another available
high quality option is never a bad thing.

HTH

Larry
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldk59 View Post
My bad, I mis-read your request (I'm blaming it on old age)... How about this one http://www.aquaticplantenthusiasts.c...o2-system.html

No experience as it's brand spankin' new, but I'll bet it's top notch (as are all products from GLA)

I use the ADA system 74/Yer.2 on my nano, but having another available
high quality option is never a bad thing.

HTH

Larry
No problem. I have the old age think going too. The GLA looks good, but the disposable part of it I'm not crazy about. With your ADA system how long does it last and do you only replace with ADA brand?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb210 View Post
Make sure to call and find out if the product fits paintball co2 or metric threading. I wasted money on aquaspot world's co2 regulator like this.
Thanks, I'll definitely do that. I have a feeling it's not compatible.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)
Here's one I built for a nano:

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/di...co2-shown.html

Upfront cost is similar to the ADA but it uses standard cartridge threading so i) cartridge cost is about 40% lower than the other systems and ii) there is the possibility to convert it to a paintball system down the road (I haven't actually tested it but the 5/8-18 threading is the same). Also its nice to have a pressure meter integrated into the regulator.

Unfort I can't speak to how long the carts last b/c I just put it into service a week or two ago but cart size is same as the ADA (74g).

Another packaged system to look into is the Hydor as it also uses standard threading.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode