10 Gallon Chum Bucket (Pic Intensive) - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Hello everyone, I am about to post a video of my tank.
It's been a long while since I have updated and since then I had my tank crash since I stopped CO2 and was sort of negligent, a lot of plants died and had to do a complete re-scape. It has been up now for about three weeks, and plants are growing fast now that I do regular maintenance! It is a great to see how a little maintenance every so often goes a long way.
My plants are already spreading and the shrimp are happier. Three berried in these two weeks since they have cleaner and better monitored water.
Fixed my algae issues also by leaving the lights on a few hours less than before.
Video is still uploading on YouTube so I will post a link to it here in a couple of minutes.

I will also post some stuff on my Finnex 4 Gallon in its thread tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 04:18 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
Dang, my tank is called "29g...the Chum bucket" THIS BETTER BE A NICE TANK!!!!! lol

EDIT: DIdnt see the pics on the first page.....It is a very nice tank lol . It does the name "chum bucket" some good!

Fluval EBI Pimp #1
Ehfipimp #449
Custom Built PC
Canon Fanboy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Check out my photos
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 06:12 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

First Video

Hey guys, here is one of the videos, watch it in HD for best picture. Let me know what you guys think. I am really proud of one of my purple-ish looking cherries I think he looks great.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 06:20 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
that purpleish one look great! awesome color!!!!

Amy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Scarlet Badis)
Algae Pimp
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 09:04 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)
Nice tank and vid. I like the cherry hitching the ride on the mystery snail lol. If I'm not mistaken tho the yellows and cherries will breed together.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzle View Post
Nice tank and vid. I like the cherry hitching the ride on the mystery snail lol. If I'm not mistaken tho the yellows and cherries will breed together.
Really? I did not know that, I just got the yellows a couple of days ago. What would the babies look like?
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Should I separate the yellows? I am curious and any insight would be appreciated, thank you.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Update 2/3/11

Hello everyone, took some pictures today and just updating on my ten gallon tank.

Like I said the tank kind of took a bad turn when it got neglected. Since I moved it from one corner of the room to the other I didn't bother to setup the CO2 again and from there things went bad, but now I have meticulously been doing my water changes and maintenance and things are looking a lot better, I didn't take pictures of the tank when it was dying/covered in algae.

Also the shrimp have been moved back in here recently, they used to be in my Finnex 4 Gallon where I would pull out the shrimp that looked the most red and had them breed so I got some nice red ones now compared to last year. The CRS/CBS/Yellow shrimp just came in about last week so they are new to the tank. As for my finnex something has happened I will post on it's thread the water no mater how many water changes has a white tinge to it. Fish and shrimp seem fine but I think it might be from the yeast from the CO2 because a white sticky film produces on the surface of the water and it worries me.

Plants in here have been kind of rearranged and the rocks have also been glued together because they kept falling and were previously scattered.

Let me know what you think, and as far as the yellow shrimp being in there should I move them away from the cherries?

There is a shrimp in the pics that is a Cherry Shrimp with a purple color to it. It is one of the ones that I had bred, the rest of its sisters/brothers came out fire red with red feet, but this one came out a darker red with purple, the only one. It was berried at one point when it was smaller but it was its first time and it dropped the few eggs it had (too many for its size at the time). I am waiting for my Finnex to get better to separate it with a fire red one to see if they breed. Any ideas on why it is this color?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode