Got a planted 40b that needs stocking - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Got a planted 40b that needs stocking

I currently have a 40 gallon with mickey mouse platys fry and one clown pleco soon ill put them in an other home but anyways lol i need to figure out what to put stock my tank with next.
I want something that breed,enjoy to watch and hardy.
No mollies or anything small guppy like lol im over those. I need a challenge. And also tell me what you guys think about my tank. I wouldnt mind trying a species only tank but i also wouldnt mind an community tank either.

Plants: red melon, Brazilian sword, amazon swords,banana plants ,java fern ,java moss and some wisteria flowing alround.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150923_035314_1442995328957.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	520929  

Click image for larger version

Name:	14429953571171284407962_1442995377185.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	520937  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 11:44 AM
Planted Tank Guru

I think you should start off with your favorite type of corydoras and get a big group of them. They are one of my top fish if not the top. In a big group they are super fun to watch, easy to breed, and long life 15 years or more in some.cases.

Stick with one species of cory and let that be your bottom.dwellers.

75 Gallon Low Tech w/ Green Terror Pair
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 01:54 PM
Planted Tank Guru

'scape:
The wood could be interesting, but is too well centered. There is no connection between the rocks and the wood- these also are simply set in a mirror sort of layout centered on the middle of the tank.
The planting is a hodge- podge, no real layout or organization.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 03:15 PM
Planted Member

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post
'scape:
The wood could be interesting, but is too well centered. There is no connection between the rocks and the wood- these also are simply set in a mirror sort of layout centered on the middle of the tank.
The planting is a hodge- podge, no real layout or organization.
+1

I would move the driftwood to the left, surrounded by all or most of the plants. Open water and stones at right (or reversed, depending where the tank is placed in the room)

Fish...Discus come to mind...Not sure if the plants would be suitable for the warmer water though...I dunno, do a google search, and take your time and get what YOU want.

I had a habit of stocking the most interesting of the uninteresting fish selection at the LFS. You can get a lot of fish on the internet that you would never find at PetSmartCo, and might be able to find a breeder/distributor within driving distance to save on shipping.

I just got a dozen Celestial Pearl Danios and I cant be more happy with them!
(hat tip to "Invertibrates by Msjinkzd" - see sponsor list below!)

40 breeder - 1.25" Dirt/1.25" Black Diamond cap - Pressurized CO2 (2.25bps) - 2x54watt T5HO and 42watt LED (total 150watts; 14,500 lumens) - EI dosing - 50% weekly WC - H.O.T. Magnum 250 canister - SunSun 530 gph pump - Set-up 7-14-2015 - Cycled 8-1-2015

"Whatever is inconsistent with the facts,
no matter of how fond of it we are,
MUST be discarded or revised." - Carl Sagan
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 04:43 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Well I've been wanting to do a Thick-Lipped Gourami species tank for some time now but you'd need a bit more cover and some floating plants. They may also need to be introduced all at the same time but supposedly they will do well together. I'm not sure about breeding requirements though.

Another option--though they're smaller than you're looking for--is Endler's Livebearers. I'm quite intrigued by them and their wondrous coloration and with a handful you could end up with a tankful.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Thanks i agree about the aquascape the wood is to center maybe ill move it around but also how about a lil family of dario darios you suggest them as an good fish

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode