3Likes
  • 2 Post By ElleDee
  • 1 Post By Leeatl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2020, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Food question

Has anyone used Ocean Nutrition Instant Baby Brine Shrimp ? I don't want to fool with hatching live ones . I feed my Cory fry First Bites now , but some will get so they won't eat it and perish . I just wanted to see if anyone had any real world experience with the bottled brine .

My wife says if I get one more aquarium she is going to leave me . I sure am going to miss her fried chicken .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2020, 05:24 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
I have used it for guppy fry and love it. Just keep it refrigerated, it lasts about 2-3 weeks once opened. Long enough for them to be onto bigger food. My adult guppies/tetras etc also like it, altho its too pricy imho to buy for them when they have many other options.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2020, 05:50 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
I know you said you didn't want to deal with hatching brine shrimp, but this hatchery is *so* incredibly easy I feel like I have to mention it. (And available from non-Amazon places too.) You don't need an air pump or anything, it just sits under a light, plus it is easy to harvest from and comes with the catcher basket thing. I just provide warm water, non-iodized salt and a pinch of baking soda.
Roboto and frogger17 like this.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2020, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Thanks all . That is the kind of info I wanted . The jar stuff is pretty expensive . I only have 8-10 Cory fry at any one time , so most of the jar will go to waste before I can use it . ElleDee , I have looked at that hatchery and watched a video on it . Seems easy enough . I may try that as it isn't much more than the jar stuff .
ElleDee likes this.

My wife says if I get one more aquarium she is going to leave me . I sure am going to miss her fried chicken .

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode