The Planted Tank Forum banner

Bottom feeders for a 20g high

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  victorusaconte 
#1 ·
I have this 20g high with about 20 blue neons and i want a bottom feeder for it. I would like a snake shaped fish if possible. What u guys think?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Kuhli loaches. If you are willing to go with a different shape, Pygmy Corys are awesome little fish. I have a group of 11 and they are always fun to watch root about. They help keep things clean as well. Not by eating garbage of course. Their activity keeps things moving well enough that there isn’t much to vacuum. You could keep a good sized group of either.

#7 ·
You described loaches.

Loaches will not be good with snails if you ever decided to consider snails.

If you ever find you are open to other shaped fish, Green and Albino Corydoras are very popular fish that hang out at the bottom.

Every so often they love to freak out and jump to the surface and back to the bottom. I have (2) Green and (2) Albino Corys that get along fine in my 30 gal planted tank. They work well with (2) Dwarf Gouramis, (2) Honey Gouramis, (5) Cherry Barbs, (5) Otos and (1) Clown Pleco. The Clown Pleco likes to hide and also hangs out on the bottom too. The Clown Pleco hangs out either on my driftwood or in a cave decoration in the tank. Every other day, I feed the catfish mates Algae type food whether it is wafer or spirulina type.

#8 ·
You described loaches.

Loaches will not be good with snails if you ever decided to consider snails.

If you ever find you are open to other shaped fish, Green and Albino Corydoras are very popular fish that hang out at the bottom.

Every so often they love to freak out and jump to the surface and back to the bottom. I have (2) Green and (2) Albino Corys that get along fine in my 30 gal planted tank. They work well with (2) Dwarf Gouramis, (2) Honey Gouramis, (5) Cherry Barbs, (5) Otos and (1) Clown Pleco. The Clown Pleco likes to hide and also hangs out on the bottom too. The Clown Pleco hangs out either on my driftwood or in a cave decoration in the tank. Every other day, I feed the catfish mates Algae type food whether it is wafer or spirulina type.
Well, i had a loach with 3 types of snails. Young loaches might not have an effect on snails population other than eating their eggs. Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.