male & female semis fighter questions - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Discusluv

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2020, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
NRB

PTrader: (0/0%)
male & female semis fighter questions

I got a male and female semis fighter fishes yesterday. did have four guppies but wanted something a bit more exotic and had my eye on him before. I'm attached to this male one it as a beautiful pink hint of ruby red and white with a slight bit of purple.

I found out today that his doing the bubble nest in the corner of the tank. does he need air or something or is it a breeding thing.

Can someone tell me everything there is to know about these fish?

Last edited by NRB; 07-01-2020 at 11:08 PM. Reason: sleepy spelling mistake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-02-2020, 02:38 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRB View Post
I got a male and female semis fighter fishes yesterday. did have four guppies but wanted something a bit more exotic and had my eye on him before. I'm attached to this male one it as a beautiful pink hint of ruby red and white with a slight bit of purple.

I found out today that his doing the bubble nest in the corner of the tank. does he need air or something or is it a breeding thing.

Can someone tell me everything there is to know about these fish?
Welcome to TPT.

I am attaching a really good website for learning about how to take care of your Bettas.

Of course, people who keep Bettas on the forum will chime in and tell you about their own experience, but this website will provide a good reference for you to bookmark for future information.

https://bettafish.org/care/
P.Isley likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amy
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-04-2020, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
NRB

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discusluv View Post
Welcome to TPT.

I am attaching a really good website for learning about how to take care of your Bettas.

Of course, people who keep Bettas on the forum will chime in and tell you about their own experience, but this website will provide a good reference for you to bookmark for future information.

https://bettafish.org/care/
Thanks dude!

I went over your care guide and to be honest it was a really decent read, good job on that!

I bought a male and female thinking they can stay in the tank together at all times and to be honest I think they have mated and now putting out aggression to each other they go up to each other and the female chasing the male cornered it but his still trying to make bubblenest do I need another tank for the male?

He looks and acts pretty healthy but this is just a bad picture of him.

Last edited by NRB; 07-04-2020 at 01:26 PM. Reason: added a image

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-04-2020, 04:01 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Really they probably should be separated with a tank that size but if you want to try and keep them in the same tank you have to cram it full of stuff. Preferably live plants but really anything that breaks up lines of sight.

And I mean cram it full. :-)

Not just 2 or 3 plants or rock cave or decorative hollow log. Although those would help. With Bettas you need stuff at the surface. Lots of Hornwort. Guppy grass. Floaters with long roots, etc. They have to visually seperate themselves.

Again the tank is probably too small for a pair even with all that stuff. But it might be worth a shot.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode