Just got this in an email.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Glo-Betta.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	893059  

Asteroid and MD500_Pilot like this.

My wife says if I get one more aquarium she is going to leave me . I sure am going to miss her fried chicken .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-08-2020, 06:51 PM
snails are your friend

PTrader: (13/100%)
Yeah, Glo angels are next according to junk mail I get from being in the biz. I truly don't get bettas though, probably the last fish to need any kind of color enhancement.

Nothing good happens fast in an ecosystem.
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-08-2020, 07:36 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
Just wait for the monotone chameleons.
Mr. Limpet, Leeatl, Econde and 2 others like this.

Snail Glades,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-08-2020, 07:39 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
disgusting-- as if they are not already beautiful enough.
Quesenek, Leeatl, Asteroid and 4 others like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-08-2020, 09:19 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
I saw someone post about these on a local group- didn't realize this was a new thing that would be happening.

|

post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-08-2020, 10:43 PM
Algae Grower

Lol.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 12:34 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
At least they're not complete abominations like balloon pearl gouramis, & they might help to attract more people into the hobby.

Coming soon - glo glowlight tetras!

Where the hell was Biggles when you needed him last Saturday?
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 02:23 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Limpet View Post
At least they're not complete abominations like balloon pearl gouramis, & they might help to attract more people into the hobby.

Coming soon - glo glowlight tetras!
you gotta admit glowlights are pretty underwhelming in color for their name tho. My solution? Don't buy non colorful fish! I am breeding peacock gudgeons. Before that I kept mbuna. But if people want to keep their congo tetras and [censored][censored][censored][censored] let them
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 04:01 AM
Wannabe Guru

WUT? My Congo tetras are super colorful!

I don't understand the appeal of GMO fish when natural fish or even fish selectively bred are already so attractive.
Discusluv, evil8 and Cinnamonamon like this.

post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 04:58 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triport View Post
WUT? My Congo tetras are super colorful!

I don't understand the appeal of GMO fish when natural fish or even fish selectively bred are already so attractive.
Right? Show the picture!

post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 05:00 AM
Planted Member

I've got ballon red eye tetras. I'll be honest, didn't know any better. Now that I've got them, well atleast they're living a fairly luxurious life for a fish sold from a pet store.

45g fluval bowfront tank, plant 2.0 light, 2 x 206 canister filters, 5lb co2 art pro se
10g quarantine tank

post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 05:05 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discusluv View Post
Right? Show the picture!

Lamp-eye Congo tetras

Even the females are super colorful. Which is a good thing because I have ten females and one male.

Phenacogrammus aurantiacus by Kaveh Maguire, on Flickr

post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 05:07 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Lamp-eye Congo tetras

Even the females are super colorful. Which is a good thing because I have ten females and one male.

Phenacogrammus aurantiacus by Kaveh Maguire, on Flickr
Bam!

post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 04:39 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Is nothing sacred ?

Man now we need glow light plants.
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 08:32 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Quote:
Lamp-eye Congo tetras

sounds like he's going to have his fins (hands) full. Haha
btw lovely fish!

On the op subject though bettas definitely don't need any color boost [censor] there re so many colors now and more keep being added to the market.. granted a TON are marble genes bettas which means its not stable and usual blue/red/black dominate other others like yellow/white/'flesh color'/cellophane.
I feel like an old fart but I remember when petsmart first started selling bettas in open cups- no lids-you get red or blue - ct or vt... now there's SO many 'natural' (through selective breeding) options in finnage and colorations. I haven't even worked off my 'bucket list' or bettas yet, and I image I'll add more non gmo betta color options to my "I'd like to own" list in the future.

Bettas have a hard enough time not ending up dead in those store cups with lazy staff that don't do water changes.. or uneducated peoples 'tanks' (less that 0.5g no heater, no filter, no live plants). I fear this will just make it worse. "Oh just stick it in a mason jar with a black light and nothing else! Yeh that'll work just fi.. oh its dead.. well lets buy another!" Really hate how 'disposable' people think fish and especially bettas and goldfish are.
Leeatl, evil8 and Cinnamonamon like this.

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.
Starting to update these threads

~
~
~
~

Last edited by AquaAurora; 02-09-2020 at 08:42 PM. Reason: now with more ranting!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode