• 1 Post By Triport
  • 2 Post By Asteroid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Suspended

PTrader: (0/0%)
Unusual Black Neon Behavior

Fish experts please!

My school of 7 Black Neons are always out and about swimming in the upper area of the tank. Been doing it for months. For some reason this morning I didn't see any. Even tried feeding and they didn't come out. Looked all around for them (in and out of the tank) nothing.

I finally located them under the main rock area in a thin crevice, where they still are. Does anyone know why they would do this. All parameters are fine, nothing has been added to the tank.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 05:25 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

My dwarf rasboras did that after the betta got one of them, they had been fine for several weeks together then I guess he got hungry. Looked at your journal and it seems they dont have any predators to worry about.

Any recent outside changes, new noises/people/a cat..... if its not water parameters then I would think they either got scared or got a sickness of some kind and are stressed (hopefully not). Do they come out to eat?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 09:25 AM
Wannabe Guru

Water temp? My fish did this when I forgot to turn the heater back on after a water change and the temp dropped to about 67.
Quint likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Suspended

Thanks for the help guys.

@Triport I think you were right. The temps dropped near me in the last few days and I was running without a heater. Put a heater on, raised it a few degrees and they seem more active now.
Triport and united natures like this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode