3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ddrizzle
  • 1 Post By Discusluv
  • 1 Post By Discusluv

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Having issues trying to figure out a stocking list for my tank with a male Betta. A few sites say shoaling fish may cause aggression. Every other fish I can think of Aquarium Advisor says no. Help me out please. My current stock is a male Betta, male Lyretail Creamsicle Molly, a Corydoras Agassizii and a Gold Mystery Snail.

Current pic of my tank just a few mins ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F5B516E4-18D2-4BEB-82F8-BCF0DF074297_1562968342341.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	340.9 KB
ID:	884053  

Last edited by Darkblade48; 07-13-2019 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts to keep threads cleaner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 10:31 PM
Planted Member

My wife has a ten gallon with 1 betta, 8 galaxy rasboras (schoolers) and 3 cherry shrimp.

Absolutely no issues with the rasboras because they are way too fast for a betta to do anything to them. The betta effectively acts like they don't exist.

The shrimp however... we started with 6 three months ago and the betta chose 3 🙂 . He hasn't touched the 3 remaining ones in over two months. He does kind of stare at them sometimes against the behest of my wife.
AdamNC likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 10:34 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Corydoras are shoaling fish and need to be in company of own kind, so that is where I would start-- add at least 5 more to group.
AdamNC likes this.

180 g. low tech w/ wild South American cichlids, corydoras eques, and African Congo riverine tetras.
60 g. low tech w/ F1 Alenquer pair /Stendker "Tefe" discus and wild Altum Angels
30 g. low tech w/ Wild Tucano tetras
30 g. low-tech African Biotope

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Would a group of 5 Corys and 5 Zebra Danios work? And maybe one more solo type fish.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 11:46 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNC View Post
Would a group of 5 Corys and 5 Zebra Danios work? And maybe one more solo type fish.
The Betta makes adding fish difficult. Just because somebody else is successful adding fish X to their tank with their Betta doesn't mean you will be. There are, however, fish that can increase your success.

Do not add any fish that are of the same size or type: Aggressive, long-flowing fins, of similar shape.

Do not add energetic schoolers: danios, white cloud minnows, small rainbows- fall into this bracket.

Do add more subdued, small to medium size schoolers like: neons, cardinals, rasboras, ember tetras- I would do a group of 12.

For a solo type fish get a small pleco- either a bristle-nose or type in peckoltia clade.
AdamNC likes this.

180 g. low tech w/ wild South American cichlids, corydoras eques, and African Congo riverine tetras.
60 g. low tech w/ F1 Alenquer pair /Stendker "Tefe" discus and wild Altum Angels
30 g. low tech w/ Wild Tucano tetras
30 g. low-tech African Biotope

Last edited by Discusluv; 07-13-2019 at 12:01 AM. Reason: spelling

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode