Small white hairs on betta? - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Been dosing Hikari CyroPro every week now. Sometimes it looks like these things--whatever they are--are gone, but then a few gradually show up again.

He's still got clamped fins and has been dealing with fin rot. I treated daily with Paraguard and aquarium salt with water changes (starting May 25) and today stopped both and started with Microbe-Lift Artemiss. It's hard to tell if his fins are getting better or not.

get out of my house
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:38 AM
Planted Member

Hopefully the artemiss helps, it helped my betta alot as far as fin rot was concerned.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 03:14 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
What are the active ingredients in artemiss? I dont see it online.

Edit:
Never mind. The ingredients are not known by anyone by design of company.
I did find this. Scroll to bottom and look under the heading of Microbe-Lift Artemiss.

http://www.americanaquariumproducts....4.html#microbe

180 g. low tech w/ wild South American cichlids, corydoras eques, and African Congo riverine tetras.
60 g. low tech w/ F1 Alenquer pair /Stendker "Tefe" discus and wild Altum Angels
30 g. low tech w/ Wild Tucano tetras
30 g. low-tech African Biotope

Last edited by Discusluv; 06-07-2019 at 03:27 AM. Reason: more info

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 03:01 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

@Discusluv This is really disconcerting. I tried to look up the MSDS safety sheet and it just says "Ingredients are proprietary." I'm not sure why Microbe-Lift doesn't feel comfortable enough listing the ingredients, but it makes me nervous. I'll take my chances with Paraguard again.

get out of my house
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 04:33 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Mosby View Post
@Discusluv This is really disconcerting. I tried to look up the MSDS safety sheet and it just says "Ingredients are proprietary." I'm not sure why Microbe-Lift doesn't feel comfortable enough listing the ingredients, but it makes me nervous. I'll take my chances with Paraguard again.
When I recommend medications I am always concerned with the active ingredients. This tells you what the particular medication will treat and how. I am not against herbal types of medication that list their ingredients- like Melafix. It is made of melaleuca oils that work as an antiseptic- keeping areas of wounds, torn fins, scale damage inhospitable to bacterial growth. This product cannot cure an active bacterial infection, but it can help to prevent one in some cases.

When a medication doesn't list their ingredients it makes me suspicious. The company is asking the customer to trust that their "mystery blend" will cure x,y, z without giving them information of the active ingredients that will do this. Not good.

180 g. low tech w/ wild South American cichlids, corydoras eques, and African Congo riverine tetras.
60 g. low tech w/ F1 Alenquer pair /Stendker "Tefe" discus and wild Altum Angels
30 g. low tech w/ Wild Tucano tetras
30 g. low-tech African Biotope

Tags
betta, external parasites

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode