Guppy has bent spine? Disease? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Guppy has bent spine? Disease?

Hi Iíve got an older female guppy that has likely had many children. I noticed she currently has a bent spine and has been a bit beat up since I moved her to a quarantine tank.

I was wondering if this was potentially fish TB or was it old age and scoliosis. She has probably had a lot of children in the time Iíve had her.

She was a bit sluggish though she appears to still have her appetite. Her faeces still appears to be brown too. The water in the tank has been cloudy for a bit and it was a bit high on nitrates.

Could this be a vitamin deficiency? She is in a tank with many fish so there is a chance Iíve missed this genetic defect until now or it has become more pronounced than it mightíve been in the past. Or could this be a result of an injury?

Iíve attached some photos below as well. Thank you ahead.

https://imgur.com/a/4U4U3f9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 06:44 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

That fish has more issues than her back!
Can you take a picture of the tank?

The spine can be bent due to multiple issues but for sure she is emaciated
That is either nipping or fin rot in a big way. Poor thing.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I moved her from the guppy tank to my sparkling dwarf gouramis. They previously used to live with guppies and they are rather shy. Though she was having some issues and was hiding in the corner of the tank the first day. Then she was hanging near the middle and floating around. It was at that point where I moved her into a quarantine tank. She continues to eat and is still swimming around.

It doesn't look very promising for her though I just wanted to figure out whether or not she had TB. Thought it might be an old age thing or some sort of injury. Not sure what I could do about her poor back. I can't tell if she was one of the original guppies I bought almost a year ago. The original 3 females that I bought had at least 80+ babies (Likely not all their children and some of the babies might be coming from some of their offspring too). I've given away a ton of guppies to friends and eventually had to separate them by gender.

Thanks ahead.

Here is a picture of the tank she was in before as well:

Last edited by Darkblade48; 04-12-2019 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts to keep threads cleaner

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode