strip light and canopy - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
strip light and canopy

Hey guys i'm wanting to make a small canopy that will fit over 2 3 gallon tanks but first i need to ask about my lighting plans. I bought a fluval roma 125 a while back but the canopy was bust so i phoned up hagen and they told me to dispose of the bust one and sent me a new one. So i then ripped out all the lighting ballast with wires and connectors and threw the rest out just incase i could use it all in the future for anything. So the bulbs that are needed are 2ft t8's and i wanted to know could i use an ordinary strip light from a hardware store for this ballast from the canopy as long as it was the same length and wattage? I'm not planning any real plants in these tanks but realise the wpg will be quite high, would that matter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
well, I'm not an expert or anything but I do know if you have a lot of watts over your tank and not many plants, algae is going to be an issue.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode