Help with co2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Help with co2

c02 on a budget

I'm looking to add pressurized c02 to my planted tank, trying to get away from the diy set up. Now theres two big things holding me back (#1) is price of a hi end set up and (#2) being leak of good fish stores around. So I guess I'm looking to do a hacked together set up, so from whati have been able to find is (FluvalŪ Mini Pressurized CO2 Kit) from petsmart

FluvalŪ Mini Pressurized CO2 Kit | Accessories | PetSmart

As a base, I have to use the mini because thats all petsmart has, from there I'd add (HYDRA AQUATICS CO2 Paintball Adapter) from amazon to hook up a paintball tank

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B008ZAAP2K/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1XNY75TJVGTBU&coliid=I1ZSLSPP7WIIS6
I was going to add put a (WYIN DIY CO2 Generator Dedicated Low temperature Electromagnetic Valve)

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B015LEG4O0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1XNY75TJVGTBU&coliid=I1TCK4MJVEU0M4
that was until I found out that it was 220V and not 110V

So it there anything thing I'm missing to get started, any pointers, hints help ect would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 02:40 PM
Children Boogie

PTrader: (13/100%)
How big is your aquarium?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

right now i have a 25 gal but im looking to upgrade to ether a 55 gal or 75 gal thats why i want somthing i can mod

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 08:30 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Budget is always a big thing to watch but at times it pays to spend a bit more upfront to save a bunch later. For 25, paintball might work fine. But for 55 and better, the cost of paintball fills may begin to eat the profits saved. The cost of gas is not very much of the price of refills. It is far more the time/labor of taking it apart, travel to from and the cost of the refill. The refill cost itself is more the labor involved than the gas price. Check prices in your area before committing to a paintball which may not be large enough to do for a larger tank. A 5 pound tank is more upfront than a paintball but the cost of refills is way out of line when you check the price of paintball versus some place like welding or fire extinguisher gas. Add in the cost of adapters for things as well as a lower lifespan and the more expensive can begin to look cheaper. Just look over all the options?

A place to look over some really good options for parts to screw together DIY:
CO2 Regulator Parts | CO2 For Planted Tanks And Home Brewing
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 11:32 PM
Children Boogie

You can find a co2 welding company and set up a gas tank exchange. No need to buy a tank. That'll cut down on the price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

ok thanks manly wondering if the equipement will work together im pretty sure i can find a welding shop
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 01:06 AM
Children Boogie

You'll have to buy a co2 regulator for co2 tanks. You can buy the whole setup; regulator, bubble counter, solenoid, and needle valve for about $80. Check greenleaf.com or so something like that. Also check out aquariumplants.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode