Inside the Cerges Reactor - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Captain

PTrader: (1/100%)
Inside the Cerges Reactor

Today I was trying to get a better look at my Cerges Reactor and decided to use my cell phone to make a video from an angle that I just could not see directly. Then I thought, maybe it could be useful for some of those new to what happens inside a Cerges Reactor. So, hear ya go...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LunleNWDeIo

FYI, you really need to go to full screen to see the tiny bubbles making there way down to the bottom of the draft tube and into the holes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- GreggZ Tank Parameters

Last edited by Immortal1; 08-31-2015 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Added more info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 02:12 AM
Algae Grower

Thank You. Did you do a full bypass and how many valves did you use? Is this on the outflow of your canister filter? If so, what model filter? What size filter did you use for the reactor?

Thanks again for the video - it looks to be working well, hence the questions before I build my own.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
Captain

Yes, there is a full by-pass loop with a single valve in the loop. The valve gives me the option to send unrestricted flow around the reactor or, in my case, sent 40-50% of the flow from the outflow of the canister filter thru the reactor.

I don't really have a model number for the house filter housing but it is a standard 10" size. The PVC tube in the middle is securely glued at the top and has holes in the bottom (you can see them in the video) and about an 1/8" gap at the bottom of the tube.

Was hoping the video might help someone other than me.

- GreggZ Tank Parameters

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Algae Grower

Helpful, Thank you.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode