What happened to the DIY 5" or7" Arduino All-In-One Aquarium Controller thread? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
What happened to the DIY 5" or7" Arduino All-In-One Aquarium Controller thread?

Hi
What happened to the DIY 5" or7" Arduino All-In-One Aquarium Controller thread started by robsworld78?

It seems to have disappeared. Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 02:41 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Hi iforeman, this needed a thread hey. thanks for caring! A lot of people are wondering where it went, it'll be back soon, technical difficulties you could say.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 04:01 AM
Algae Grower

please consider it
We are looking for Topic DIY 5" or7" Arduino All-In-One Aquarium Controller

Thank you

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 03:46 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

so lets don't talk about what ever the technical difficulties part was and get on with this thread has there been any new updates to the sketch or is there some thing we can talk about that is safe like parts list every other build has one or there was some talk about a enclosure and last I heard Rob was working on a generic template to cut holes in it for the parts to fit if you wanted to follow his build if not you could use our own box
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 04:40 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Yes it would be nice to start fresh with the current state of affairs in HW and SW. Has a schematic been drawn up?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I don't think so I know he had stuff to finish on the software side before he went public with it to make sure it all worked

Bump: back later doing a water change
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 08:25 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
Send a message via AIM to HolyAngel
I can host the sketch on github if anyone has an up to date one they can send me. I'm already doing so for the aqualite..

allows easy forking of the repository and commit history to see changes, also free. I really feel its the only real way to do these arduino sketches rather than a link in the op that may stop working one day, or having to scour every page to piece together the changes.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

SunSun Pimp # 42

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 09:36 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Hey guys, actually there has been quite a few changes to the software, I think if you liked it before you're gonna love it now. Last week I must have put 50-60 hours in it and accomplished a lot but still more to go. I thought about starting a new thread but I would like to continue on the other, hopefully it's back up soon.

I do have some drawings made but most are based on the boards I have, soon I'm making a sheet showing all the individual components/break out boards one would require and how they connect together.

For now I've decided not to release this as open-source, eventually I'll probably put it out as open-source but I want it to be 100% complete before I do that which is a while away. It's almost been a year on this project so I would like to be the one to finish it, if its open source there's all kinds of versions floating around. Hopefully everyone can understand.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

its all good, your just one guy doing all just people like to see stuff that is new its like showing off our new toys at Christmas
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 08:12 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (501/100%)
There were no technical difficulties. The thread is being cleaned up because it was turned into a sales thread, a blatant violation of our Acceptable Use Policy.

If the moderation team can get it cleaned up, it will be moved back over to the open forum.

For now, this thread will be closed.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode