DIY inline CO2 reactor help - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
DIY inline CO2 reactor help

I need some help on making an inline co2 reactor for my FX5. I cant seem to find any good threads detailing how to make one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 04:51 PM
Captain

Look for some YouTube videos under the title Cerges Reactor. Should find plenty how to's
As an FYI, with your FX5 you will definitely NOT want to run all your output from your filter thru the reactor (too much restriction for that volume of water flow). I would suggest something like what I built.

This would allow most of the water flow to bypass the reactor, but still send enough water thru the reactor to dissolve the cO2 and send it to your tank.

My filter is rated around 360 gph and I now have my by-pass valve around 40% shut (60% by-passes the reactor) and I can still get a 1 pH drop in about 1.5 hours.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- GreggZ Tank Parameters
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Which reactor is better for a large tank? Rex Griggs or Cerges?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 12:29 AM
Captain

Well, that is a good question. Unfortunately I don't have an answer. I am using a Cerges on a 75gallon tank with very good results. I guess the first question would be, how large of a tank are you talking about? With a FX5, I suspect it is bigger than 75gallons

Bump: Ah, just saw your other thread - 200 gallon tank. If you do go with a Cerges, you will want one of the larger whole house filters which has a 1" inlet/outlet.

- GreggZ Tank Parameters
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 04:33 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I have plenty of room under the stand so I was thinking I could do two vertical 24 inch RG reactors or do 1 Cerges Reactor with a large filter.
Either way I will split the return line so I don't lose any flow.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode