Well, finished my peninsula tank stand with a built in bar top. Here it is from start to finish. (Forgot to take pictures of the frame, but it's based off of GARF)
So, now I used tin sheeting as a wrap around the bottom and used tin roof "caps" for the corners. I also glued cedar boards of different widths around where the tank would sit. I then used a staple gun to staple it along the edges where they'd be hidden using trim later on.
Here I polyurethaned the cedar over and over again. This step took me over a week. I put around 70 to 80 coats on and got about 1/4 of an inch thickness of polyurethane. I plan on using a table top epoxy later on to further waterproof the bar.
And the tank goes up! Needed it in place for the trim piece on the couch side.
Trim attached and water/substrate in the tank. Used Miracle Grow Organic Choice capped with pool filter sand. Filtration (two SunSun 404B canisters) added, along with heaters and BML Nature Style XB fixture. Excuse the cloudiness.
Tank 12 hours after adding water followed by plants, more cloudy water after planting...
And here's the tank today after about 24 hours from planting and a 50% WC and a good cleaning of the canisters mechanical filtration.
Plants are as follows:
Sword, Amazon (Echinodorus bleheri) x 4
Sword, Ozelot Green (Echinodorus Ozelot Green) x 3
Sword, Red Flame (Echinodorus Red Flame) (Small) x 3
Tiger Lotus, Red (Nymphaea zenkeri) x 2
Sagittaria, Dwarf Subulata (Sagittaria subulata) x 10
Vallisneria, Jungle (Vallisneria Americana var. americana) x 10
Hairgrass, Dwarf (Eleocharis acicularis) (3.5"x5")
Micro Sword (Lilaeopsis brasiliensis) (10"x5")
Currently stocked with 60 neons, 3 GBRs, 2 Bolivian Rams, and 6 emerald cories. Waiting for full cycle and adding adult discus from a "local" breeder (4 hours away, one way). Shouldn't take too long considering both filters were on my 240 for several months in preparation.