DIY Co2 Take me to the right direction plz - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
DIY Co2 Take me to the right direction plz

hello to all, well really suprise how many DIY CO2 project are out there, well here my thing, there to many out there that they got me all confuse, am new to this hobby. i have two 10 gallon tanks set up for plants and near future my blue tigers shrimp. Does anyone have a DIY co2 project that is keep really simple, which you could point me to the right direction. Just want something that wont harm my shrimp, i know to much co2 could harm my shrimp.

YOUR IDEAS PLEASE.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 03:11 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
I use a nutrafin co2 fermentor i bought on ebay for approx 10 made by hagen.

it is just a canister with a tube coming out of it basically, easily made at home i would imagine, with a bottle, some Co2 tubing and some form of sealant.
Now,
It also came with a bubbe ladder (diffuser) This would be much harder to make, There are several of these on the market, varying in price and complexity i would reccomend buying one of the cheaper ones in the spirit of the DIY method. My bubble ladder seems to work quite well, big bubbles at the bottom and tiny ones that finally escape up to the surface. there is some loss, but much less than if the gas just bubbled straight up to the top.

My shrimp are fine and breeding and have had the co2 since before i got them, but my water is quite hard, so buffers well against the acidifying effects of co2. ins softer water areas this may be more of a problem.

Diy is not as good as pressureized Co2 but is effective and cheap.
My plants grow well, just a few algae problems... but seems pretty well sorted by my easy carbo (excel equivalent).

I'm sure others will have lots to say, and loads of info can be found at

http://www.qsl.net/w2wdx/aquaria/diyco2.html

Some on that site are very elaborate, but some are easy and increase co2 absorbtion

Good luck

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode