Stream over tank plants - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Stream over tank plants

Experimenting a little on how I want to set up my stream over the tank. Just looking at flown rate for now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Upgrading the size of the containercto a paint roller tray as initially anticipated. Flow rate is good
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1417395813023.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	397250  

|
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 12:21 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Can you show it in action?

I used a window box with the holes sealed. 3/8" Lava rock.
I had a small fountain pump in the bottom of the aquarium and two tubes leaving the window box. Small amount of sponge at the entrance to the window box to trap coarse debris, but it never needed cleaning.

This did not actually make a water fall or stream though. It did grow house plants really well!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post
Can you show it in action?

I used a window box with the holes sealed. 3/8" Lava rock.
I had a small fountain pump in the bottom of the aquarium and two tubes leaving the window box. Small amount of sponge at the entrance to the window box to trap coarse debris, but it never needed cleaning.

This did not actually make a water fall or stream though. It did grow house plants really well!
Hi Diana
Not quite sure what exactly you are interested in. It is on action . There is just not much. At the moment it sits on a plastic bin where the pump takes the water and bring it into the tray.

Yes I use lava rock too as you suggested in another thread of mine.

I will post more pictures as it evolves.

|
|
|
|
|
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Now with some plants. Let this go for a few days...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1417473295297.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	397706  

|
|
|
|
|
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)
Nice job.

Could you show a picture of the bottom with the pump and plumbing?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveBuc View Post
Nice job.

Could you show a picture of the bottom with the pump and plumbing?
Thanks BraveBuc.
Would be hard for now. It's sitting on a small recycling bin. So can't see the setup unless I lift things up but that would require extra pair of hands

Actually there are two small pumps. An Enheim turtle type filter pump that brings water from tank to creek. This pump is on the left. On the right there is a small Hygor that re circulate the water up the creek to increase the time water stays in the creek. And just beside the pump is the drain. All plumbing is half inch tubing.

|
|
|
|
|

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode