Co2 bubble stuck in the eheim 2080 drive me crazy! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to dancingsatyr
Unhappy Co2 bubble stuck in the eheim 2080 drive me crazy!

Hello guys :/

that is my problem:

I got a juwel 450 bow fronted.

3 days ago I did my diy co2 and to diffuse the bubble in the water I place the out put tube in the sucker tube.

All work fine for 10 minutes, then, the bubble get stuck some where inside the filter! To make them going out i need to shake the filter or/and turn off and on the filter!

I do belive the get stuck in the sponge or ? that drive me crazy!!

Has some one had similar problem? any solution?

An answer will be to diffuse the co2 in an other way, but I do belive to diffuse them via the filter is one of the best way because u do not have any tube around or bottle or all the ufo inside the tank :/

appreciate an help

thanks

sergio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 11:56 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (192/100%)
Hi Sergio, welcome... When you set up DIY CO2, initially there is some air that is gradually replaced by CO2. Air doesn't readily dissolve in water the same way that CO2 does, so your filter will airlock.

Some filters just don't like to be fed air. Some even choke on pure CO2.

The solution is to inject the CO2 into the outflow tube, and perhaps add an external inline reactor, easily built out of plastic parts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 01:30 AM

PTrader: (1/100%)
or get another small filter/pump to diffuse, like this one
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...reactor-2.html
Or this one: the good thing about using another filter/pump is if you set t up right then its the only way to stop lessen the dissolved CO2 when lights are off
http://www.barrreport.com/articles/4...co2-users.html

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Hello guys!

Wasserpest, thanks for u answer, very appreciate. The idea of the external inline reactor

is great, but to not what I am looking :/ About that some filter do not like to be feed with air. the thing is what came in, but come out. but sound like those bubble get stop some wherre inside some where.

SpeedEuphoria, I like the idea of the little 'thing' with the led, look nice I like the idea to get stuck at the bottom will be less visible, BUT will be still cable out.

I still hope there is a solution to unblock the bubble inside the filter? I m thinking do not shake it at all and even turn on and off for at list 48 hour. Or it will explode or maybe the c02 will start to come out a certain point?

I still hope some one read this thread and came out with a solution ( because had my same problem )

Sergio
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
The bubble should dissolve after a while. In the future, I would simply diffuse the CO2 before feeding it into the filter intake. The tiny bubbles won't cause problems because they will be likely completely dissolved before they reach the filter chamber.

Pimp Club Member #313
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)
Send a message via AIM to confuted
If a bubble bothers you that much, why not just take the filter apart and get rid of it?

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

thanks Aquarist_Fist for that, but will be not that easy to make that happen without having a ufo inside the tank :/

confuted, I think u read me wrong. :/

Sergio
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 04:53 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
That will be very easy. Instead of putting the tube into the intake "naked," use a tube with a piece of chopstick or an airstone. Voila, you're done.

Pimp Club Member #313
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 05:23 AM
Algae is over rated

PTrader: (11/100%)
I ran into a similar problem when I tried to use my 2217 as a reactor and ran the CO2 directly into my intake.
After some days I noticed my 2217 making noise.When I examined it there was a huge air,(CO2) pocket directly under the fine filter pad.It took a couple of days for it to disappear after I quit running CO2 into this filter.This problem doesn't exist without the fine pad. I still am perplexed by this.I could pump air into this filter with the fine pad installed and it would burp and spit out bubbles like nobody's business,but as soon as I stopped it would evacuate the air within an hour or so.Something about the properties of CO2 that I don't understand.

'Classic' EHFIPIMP #275
V/P # 5
VTS253A-1993
The first effect of a disaster is to spread a deeper gloom than is due the occasion.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Aquarist_Fist I will truy tonight and will see if the bubble are actually coming out cos I am making the smaller.

lescarpentier, thanks a lot for u message, sound I am not the only one that has this problem. You did not said: did u resolte the problem or did u find an other way to spread it? HEEEELPPPPPPPPPPPP

sergio
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Algae Grower

I didn't read everythign ehre, so I hope I'm not saying what's been said. Yes, in other threads I mentioned that you could put the CO2 directly into the intake of an eheim. It WILL burb, it WILL make noise, but it will work. It is the cheapest, easiest, fastest way to disolve CO2 that I know of. It can also wreck NON-eheim filters. You BEST bet, is to spend a few bucks and build the DIY reactor that is on the site. I forget who's plans they are. Rex's maybe? but it's just a few dollars of PVC and will do a great job.

55 Gallon
4 WPG
Eheim 2213 - ONLY filter floss
Eheim 2215 - Biological
CO2 Injection
Yamato Green Fertilizer
Flourite Substrate
Flourish Tabs in Substrate

This is the
I bought that helped my back!

Tags
co2 stuck in the filter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode