diy arduino ph controller - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
diy arduino ph controller

hello i am looking to built a ph controller with en arduino. i found this "shield" (http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?rou...category_id=48) for not to much and was wondering if anybody tried it and if yes is it good.

If you have different model that you can suggest to me that will be nice too

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 05:17 AM

PTrader: (3/100%)
Seems a bit expensive for what you get. I know there are other sources where you can get the exact same functionality (pH measurements), but has an integrated Arduino chip already for a few dollars more.

Of course, if you already have a spare Arduino, however, then this might be an option. Alternatively, if you have the individual components, it is not too difficult to construct a basic controller on a breadboard.

Anthony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

I was going with this to put it in my current built on a mega and touch screen light control and many other option i am self teaching in the prosses too so i try to keep simple for now ;-)

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 02:30 PM
Children Boogie

PTrader: (13/100%)
there are other sensor https://www.sparkfun.com/search/results?term=ph
but they're more expensive so you found a good deal. Make sure to to code it so you can recalibrate easily every week or month. They do drift and every point matters when you use it to measure CO2. You can be off by 2ppm to 20+ppm. That's the problem with pH controllers.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 02:44 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblade48 View Post
Seems a bit expensive for what you get. I know there are other sources where you can get the exact same functionality (pH measurements), but has an integrated Arduino chip already for a few dollars more.
An Arduino (or ATMega chip) and pH probe together for only a bit over $30?

Where? That sounds like an amazing deal and I'm very intrigued by it.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 01:53 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
That is quite cheap compared to an Atlas probe and chip which is considerably more.
http://atlas-scientific.com/product_...s/ph-kit.html?
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattinmd View Post

I will PM you.

Anthony

and

Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Darkblade i would be interested to see it too i would maby upgrade my smaller tank ;-)
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 12:35 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
When looking at buying PH probes, don't pass up looking at ag suppliers. They can be had much cheaper than the stock aquarium supply.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Darkblade, I'm interested in this cheap setup, as well, if you don't mind shooting me the same PM.

|
|

---------------------------------

|
|
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman View Post
Darkblade, I'm interested in this cheap setup, as well, if you don't mind shooting me the same PM.
Done.

Anthony

and

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 11:38 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattinmd View Post

Looks like the pH probe is separate, unfortunately... only the circuitry part of the LeoPhi is $35, although it does look pretty nifty.

Add all the parts together and I have a hard time seeing how someone can assemble a fully operational Arduino-based (or similar) reader, display and probe for less than the fully-assembled commercial solutions, like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/American-Mari...dp/B000255MH4/

Although I'd love to be wrong, because if I can get the same functionality (or more) for less, that would be great!

The SparkysWidgets site does have a nice tutorial on building your own, so perhaps if you have lots of parts laying around, you could reduce the cost some.

|
|

---------------------------------

|
|
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-07-2014, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Just order mine from df robot today it was back order for a while they had 125 when a started this post and 2 day after they where out today they had 6 available come to 41$ with shipping (Canada). Want to incorporate it in my build witch is going really slow with a 6 month old boy and i am learning (starting at zero) at same time. Will put picture when i receive it and do the "basic connection" to test it.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Received my ph "shield" today dint think was going to get her so fast. Will check and test the basic code tonight and then will try to build a controller with a uno and relay.

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 05:44 AM
Algae Grower

sorry but bit late on this thread. You can check the below too if you like to build one on your own. Suppose to work for other probes too.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...php?p=16463909

You can check my model at end. I put an Atmega-8(arduino bootload) so that I can send data serially over.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode