clear pipe????? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
clear pipe?????

Where is the cheapest place you fellow hobbyist have found clear pipe??? Not tubing actual hard stiff non bending pipe it's for a diy feeding dish idea I have.

10g Snail Tank, 10g Marmokreb Tank, 10g Goldfish Tank (at the moment), 20g metaframe tank (will be Marmokreb tank when its fixed)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 01:28 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (24/100%)
You could try www.tapplastics.com/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

55 GAL DISCUS

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 01:43 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthypotatoes View Post
You could try www.tapplastics.com/
Just how rich are you that you would spend 8+ dollars on a plastic pipe? We are diyers that means we are cheap butts :P if I wanted to spend $10 I'd buy a premade dish feeder on [Ebay Link Removed] the reason I'm looking to make my own is I have the tools and dishes already plus I need like 6... and a bigger plus is all the feeder tubes I find are to short... i want one that comes above the surface of the water and 22 cm just won't do that

10g Snail Tank, 10g Marmokreb Tank, 10g Goldfish Tank (at the moment), 20g metaframe tank (will be Marmokreb tank when its fixed)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 02:33 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
http://www.clearpvcpipe.com/

http://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/pip...-pvc-pipe.html

Dilution is the solution for the pollution.
Quote me as saying I was misquoted.
Once you get rid of integrity the rest is a piece of cake.
Here's to our wives and sweethearts - may they never meet.
If you agreed with me we'd both be right.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 08:54 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
I second pvcfittingsonline. They are about the cheapest online source for pvc that I have found. I ordered majority of my pvc parts for my garage project from them. Alot of odds and ends that others don't have. The other one I like is flexpvc.com. I actually found pvcfittings.com thru flexpvc.com

Eheim Pimp #509
Finnex Club Member #31
The Fraternity of Dirt #146

Builds -

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2014, 12:21 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (24/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpcrazy00 View Post
Just how rich are you that you would spend 8+ dollars on a plastic pipe? We are diyers that means we are cheap butts :P if I wanted to spend $10 I'd buy a premade dish feeder on [Ebay Link Removed] the reason I'm looking to make my own is I have the tools and dishes already plus I need like 6... and a bigger plus is all the feeder tubes I find are to short... i want one that comes above the surface of the water and 22 cm just won't do that
Dude, Whats with your attitude. It was just a suggestion.

55 GAL DISCUS

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 09:54 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Poke around some fish stores, especially older mom&pop types. Sometimes they will have a rack of thinwall acrylic tubing off in a corner. I think usually in ~3ft lengths, and maybe a couple dollars each.

The TAP plastic stuff is a bit more expensive, but it's pretty high quality, thick wall, polished, etc. If you want something pretty, that's probably the way to go. It might also work better for bending, as the thin wall tends to collapse, even when filled with salt.

Depending on the diameter, sometimes hobby stores (like trains, models, dioramas, etc.) will have little packages of plastic sheets, rods, tubes, etc. Probably styrene, but I'm not sure.

If you want bigger, cheap tubes, big-box hardware stores sell those clear plastic tubes for protecting fluorescent bulbs in the light department. Usually in 4' or longer, and just a bit bigger in diameter then T8 and T12 bulbs. pretty cheap too, but fairly flimsy.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I just went to lowes and bought a florescent bulb cover... $2 and done lol cheap

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode