My DYI Steal Frame Stand - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
My DYI Steal Frame Stand

So I want a new stand for my 125 gal and I think I've got some ideas that are fairly original. I drew up some plans tonight, just rough sketches, but you should be able to get the picture.

Now this will be framed out of steal and be completely open apart from the 2 drawers on the bottom. What I am thinking is to remove the old tank trim and by building supports in the frame and adding bracing to the top of the tank I would be able to sleep at night knowing my old 125er wasn't going to fall apart and flood my upstairs. Sorry for the water stain on the pic btw

This should give you a better idea of what I'm trying to accomplish for the look of the tank. I'm trying to give it a flowing but modern look.

This is a design I'm still working on, to have adjustable feet (4 total) that run the depth of the stand giving it a broader foot to help in stability and leveling adjustment. The tank will be on an old wood floor and I'm trying to get it not to sway as I walk by.

And if you are wondering what I doing the filtration- directly below the tank in my basement there is a utility room that will house the filtration and Co2 injection giving the tank an open clean look.

Here is a quick sketch of the filtration system-

I'll have to run this design by my Dad to see what he thinks and to see if he'll let me use his fabrication shop but I think its a cool concept that might work.

But for my reason of posting, what do you think?

BB

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode