iAqua: My Touch Interface Aquarium Controller (Arduino) - Page 89 - The Planted Tank Forum
 198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1321 of 2125 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 10:18 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
@MrMan
wow, speechless ... really you nailed it, @MrMan.
that is lot of work. I did only parts of the modification - 3 dossing pumps, 2 periods for on/off for lights and co2, disable altogether the feeding feature, something else that i do not remember. never got time to post the codes and the pictures. took serious amount of time, especially to debug the code since uploading it to the arduino is time consuming (comparative to C++ run on comp )

anyaway, great addition to the forum! Next time i build one, which i am not sure when it will happen, i will use your codes
thanks.

and yes, the build itself is very nice looking. looks like you got all the skills at all fronts.
btw, could you post a picture of your reactor? just curious how you did it.

46 Bowfront:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CAPS - Chicago Aquatic Plant Society
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by alphabeta; 09-30-2015 at 10:21 PM. Reason: addition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 2125 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 02:05 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
@MrMan
wow, speechless ... really you nailed it, @MrMan.
that is lot of work. I did only parts of the modification - 3 dossing pumps, 2 periods for on/off for lights and co2, disable altogether the feeding feature, something else that i do not remember. never got time to post the codes and the pictures. took serious amount of time, especially to debug the code since uploading it to the arduino is time consuming (comparative to C++ run on comp )

anyaway, great addition to the forum! Next time i build one, which i am not sure when it will happen, i will use your codes
thanks.

and yes, the build itself is very nice looking. looks like you got all the skills at all fronts.
btw, could you post a picture of your reactor? just curious how you did it.
Here's the reactor, i ended up turning the T upside down since the bubble counter i planned on using didn't seem to work. I could see the bubbles go into it but co2 didn't seem to go into the reactor. Tried another bubble counter and it was fine though.

post #1323 of 2125 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 03:43 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

thanks. got it.

46 Bowfront:

post #1324 of 2125 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 04:13 PM
Planted Member

Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
Hi all, so I figured I should finally get around to posting my modified iAqua controller, I started it back in January and it's been running my tank for about a month now. I was planning to wait for Robs project but once he went with two devices seperated from each other I decided it wasn't for me. I wanted to keep it all in one since I didn't want to put the display anywhere other than with the rest of the parts. But I also liked the extra dosing pumps and 12-bit dimming plus I used an ATO controlled by an uno, so I started building a custom iAqua and adding the extra features I wanted.

Added features include:
-third dosing pump
-individual dosing amounts for each pump
-ATO control (float switch for tank/reservoir)
-12-bit LED PWM dimming (code set up for 6 channels, PCB for 8)
-Lunar cycle
-Second DS18B20 temp sense
-Fan control using second temp sense (turns on/off at certain temperatures, planned for LED heatsink)
-On-board temp sense/fan control for inside controller housing
-Offset value for temp sensors to allow calibration
-Bargraph display for adjusting colors (only selectable to nearest 1% but uses full 12-bit range during transitions)
-Selectable colors for LED channels
-LED output vs time graph (no real use but it's nice when setting it up)
-Switched from tinyFAT libraries to sdfat and utft_sdraw which should allow for higher capacity SD cards

It should still work with IR controlled LED fixtures but I don't have one to test with. Basically if you go from 0% on the bargraph to 50% it will send the channel up command X times to get to that point. I plan on building my own LED fixture when money allows rather than buy a fixture so someone else would have to test it. Also for people that don't want to use an ATO it can be disabled, it just shows the iAqua logo in that area on the home screen. Home page will cycle through the enabled temperature sensors but they can be configured to not show on home page.

I did my own PCB which includes the TFT shield components and PCA9685. The PCA9685 can be bypassed with 0R resistors if soldering it on is too difficult or it's just not wanted, in the code its just a matter of changing a varible from true to false. I think that covers most of the information about it, so here's some pictures of the pcb/my build and the various screens:

If anyone is interested I can put up the PCB files and code.
I've attached the code. It's missing the extra images since the file ends up too large so you can PM me your email and i'll send it. Or if someone can point out where i can upload the PCB/Image files i'll put it there.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MrAqua_v2_2_3.zip (54.9 KB, 403 views)
diztly, diztly, cairo and 1 others like this.
post #1325 of 2125 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 04:18 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)
You mention an extra temp sensor for LCD lights. Would that happen to be an analog pin that we could use to sense a thermister and run the fan at the lowest speed necessary to maintain the light temp? I can see that for some lights the fan would only need to run when it is at the brightest setting.

If it is an analog pin, that would be cool. I've done the PID algorithm in another project (rPi based), but I'm sure there is one for the Arduino out there somewhere.

thanks
david
post #1326 of 2125 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
You mention an extra temp sensor for LCD lights. Would that happen to be an analog pin that we could use to sense a thermister and run the fan at the lowest speed necessary to maintain the light temp? I can see that for some lights the fan would only need to run when it is at the brightest setting.

If it is an analog pin, that would be cool. I've done the PID algorithm in another project (rPi based), but I'm sure there is one for the Arduino out there somewhere.

thanks
david
The sensor for the LED lights is a DS18B20, so digital. Its set up with some hysteresis so that the fan will turn on at a certain temp (ie 50C) and turn off at a lower temp (ie 45C) to avoid it turning on/off all the time.

I thought about doing PWM control for a fan but figured most fans don't have it, just on or off. Theres only one unused digital pin but it could be configured for that purpose easily enough. Analog control of fan speed is also doable but more difficult.
post #1327 of 2125 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 04:39 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

thanks @MrMan.
you can share the file by using any online repository Five Best Online File Storage Services Dropbox for example is one good cloud service, with capability to share some file via url.
or even simple Free File Hosting - Online Storage; Upload Mp3, Videos, Music. Backup Files

46 Bowfront:

post #1328 of 2125 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 05:47 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
thanks @MrMan.
you can share the file by using any online repository Five Best Online File Storage Services Dropbox for example is one good cloud service, with capability to share some file via url.
or even simple Free File Hosting - Online Storage; Upload Mp3, Videos, Music. Backup Files
Yup, that was easy!

PCB files and schematic:
http://www.filedropper.com/iaquamegashieldrev2

Code with images:
http://www.filedropper.com/mraquav223
post #1329 of 2125 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 05:56 PM

thanks for the files.

Last edited by coyote999; 10-06-2015 at 06:38 PM. Reason: ~
post #1330 of 2125 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 06:35 PM
Algae Grower

Thanks @MrMan nice project.
post #1331 of 2125 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 03:28 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Looks good MrMan and yeah I'm still around and doing my thing.
post #1332 of 2125 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 05:29 PM
Algae Grower

Hi!
@MrMan, the Github is a good place to share all documentation of your project.

Is easy to control all changes in your code.

See this tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viwho0W7U9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7oQBxLbqTc

Best regards.

Ferduino aquarium controller
Available in Portuguese, English, Spanish, French, Italian and German.
Visit my website and forum.

post #1333 of 2125 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 11:18 AM
Algae Grower

deleted
post #1334 of 2125 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 07:32 AM
Algae Grower

[IMG]\\xosrv07\userhome$\pfh\My Documents\My Pictures/shield1.jpg[/IMG]
When I look at the two images is that on 1 (anotherhobby's) in addition to the cables, components, and it is not in the picture 2. Is it because that (O2surplus) has included these components on his shield.
[IMG]\\xosrv07\userhome$\pfh\My Documents\My Pictures/shield 2.jpg[/IMG]
post #1335 of 2125 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 09:37 AM
Algae Grower

Question

If I compare these two images is up printing from the modified Another Hobby beyond the wires, and some components added to the second, only wires. Is it because on image 2 they are not needed because they are placed on the iAqua shield from O2surplus
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shield1.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	526562  

Click image for larger version

Name:	shield 2.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	526570  

Last edited by prefalch; 10-08-2015 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Specifikation

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode