iAqua: My Touch Interface Aquarium Controller (Arduino) - Page 88 - The Planted Tank Forum
 198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1306 of 2117 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 03:11 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hi
I have one problem. I don't know how use Light modes.
I Have:
lightHighSun RGBW: 38, 12, 18, 82
lightMidSun RGBW: 32, 42, 45, 53
lightLowSun RGBW: 50, 75, 100, 25
lightMoon RGBW: 75, 50, 25, 98

but on pins PWM 4-7 or 3-6 is 0V . Do you know why a don't have voltage on the pins?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1307 of 2117 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 11:38 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by makonwer View Post
Hi
I have one problem. I don't know how use Light modes.
I Have:
lightHighSun RGBW: 38, 12, 18, 82
lightMidSun RGBW: 32, 42, 45, 53
lightLowSun RGBW: 50, 75, 100, 25
lightMoon RGBW: 75, 50, 25, 98

but on pins PWM 4-7 or 3-6 is 0V . Do you know why a don't have voltage on the pins?
Hi makonwer, I just remembered there's a setting you need to change in the code to get the PWM pins working. You need to find this around line 379.

// if you have a Current Satellite Plus, this is true
// if you are controlling your lights directly with PWM, this is false
Code:
boolean lightCSP = true;
Change that to false, upload the code and it should work.
post #1308 of 2117 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 12:33 PM
Algae Grower

Arduino: 1.5.8 (Windows 8), Board: "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

In file included from C:\Users\majid\Downloads\Compressed\arduino-1.5.8-windows\arduino-1.5.8\libraries\Time\DateStrings.cpp:11:0:
C:\Users\majid\Downloads\Compressed\arduino-1.5.8-windows\arduino-1.5.8\libraries\Time\DateStrings.cpp:41:22: error: variable 'monthNames_P' must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of '__attribute__((progmem))'
PGM_P monthNames_P[] PROGMEM =
^
C:\Users\majid\Downloads\Compressed\arduino-1.5.8-windows\arduino-1.5.8\libraries\Time\DateStrings.cpp:58:20: error: variable 'dayNames_P' must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of '__attribute__((progmem))'
PGM_P dayNames_P[] PROGMEM = { dayStr0,dayStr1,dayStr2,dayStr3,dayStr4,dayStr5,da yStr6,dayStr7};
^
C:\Users\majid\Downloads\Compressed\arduino-1.5.8-windows\arduino-1.5.8\libraries\Time\DateStrings.cpp:59:24: error: variable 'dayShortNames_P' must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of '__attribute__((progmem))'
char dayShortNames_P[] PROGMEM = "ErrSunMonTueWedThrFriSat";
^
Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????

post #1309 of 2117 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 01:10 AM

Hello everyone, I am new around this area, especially with the arduinos. I have finally decided to use an arduino controller for my 90 gallon tank. I am considering either the mega or the due boards. I have read in the previous pages that the due could run this build if the right shields and patches were applied to run on the due platform (and the fact the due runs at 3.3v). Since I want to try tankdroid, which is coming out soon (made by renesis), and it runs on the due, I am wondering how hard it is to be able to use this sketch on the due. I am interested in the due because of its larger capacity, but I am also aware that the mega has 16 analog inputs compared to the due's 12. Also, if it is difficult to go from the mega to the due, is it harder to use due designed sketches on the mega? I am also decent at coding, so please tell me as much as you can.
post #1310 of 2117 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 01:59 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
should not be a problem, but you will need to do a lot of re-coding, and re-mapping. Not sure if it is worth doing it.

46 Bowfront:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CAPS - Chicago Aquatic Plant Society
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1311 of 2117 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 11:33 PM

Just to ask, would it be possible to utilize a 5 inch screen on this sketch? I know it will probably require remapping but would it be worth it? I am not too fond of the 3.2 inch screen used in this project.
post #1312 of 2117 (permalink) Old 09-26-2015, 03:10 AM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matagim View Post
Just to ask, would it be possible to utilize a 5 inch screen on this sketch? I know it will probably require remapping but would it be worth it? I am not too fond of the 3.2 inch screen used in this project.
We already have a similar post running for 5 " and 7" screen, you just need to search the forum.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
post #1313 of 2117 (permalink) Old 09-26-2015, 03:13 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

@sushant - we used to have. the post is gone/banned, apparently. It was a very good DIY project ...

46 Bowfront:

post #1314 of 2117 (permalink) Old 09-26-2015, 07:49 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
yes it would have been nice to just lock it instead of removing it and 20 pages of information.
post #1315 of 2117 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 10:22 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)
Wow that was a long read.

If I read correctly I do want to get the lcd-tft riser card and rewire it, and if I do that the sdcard reader on the riser card works. Is this the correct one?

Buy Best LCD TFT01 Mega Shield V2.0 Adapter Module - White

If so I'm ready to get this project on the road. This fits my wishlist perfectly.

It will be much better than my irrigation controller that I use to control my lights and CO2. I put 24VAC relays in a power strip. It can only have two things on at once, so is quite limited.

david
post #1316 of 2117 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 10:38 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

@lovingHDTV, that's essentially right. Except that make sure the card itself is 2gb or less, since the library will not work with larger cards. it is not easy to find one these days :0 unless you have one already. I paid for mine more than a 32gb cots but it works. search the forum about this.

46 Bowfront:

post #1317 of 2117 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 10:46 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I have an old 16MB one. Is that too small?

Everything ordered, slow boat from China.

This is going to be interesting.
post #1318 of 2117 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 03:32 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

looks like ok. You need to place the image files there only. my folder is 900kb(?) so that should be enough.

46 Bowfront:

post #1319 of 2117 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 08:49 PM
Planted Member

Custom iAqua build

Hi all, so I figured I should finally get around to posting my modified iAqua controller, I started it back in January and it's been running my tank for about a month now. I was planning to wait for Robs project but once he went with two devices seperated from each other I decided it wasn't for me. I wanted to keep it all in one since I didn't want to put the display anywhere other than with the rest of the parts. But I also liked the extra dosing pumps and 12-bit dimming plus I used an ATO controlled by an uno, so I started building a custom iAqua and adding the extra features I wanted.

Added features include:
-third dosing pump
-individual dosing amounts for each pump
-ATO control (float switch for tank/reservoir)
-12-bit LED PWM dimming (code set up for 6 channels, PCB for 8)
-Lunar cycle
-Second DS18B20 temp sense
-Fan control using second temp sense (turns on/off at certain temperatures, planned for LED heatsink)
-On-board temp sense/fan control for inside controller housing
-Offset value for temp sensors to allow calibration
-Bargraph display for adjusting colors (only selectable to nearest 1% but uses full 12-bit range during transitions)
-Selectable colors for LED channels
-LED output vs time graph (no real use but it's nice when setting it up)
-Switched from tinyFAT libraries to sdfat and utft_sdraw which should allow for higher capacity SD cards

It should still work with IR controlled LED fixtures but I don't have one to test with. Basically if you go from 0% on the bargraph to 50% it will send the channel up command X times to get to that point. I plan on building my own LED fixture when money allows rather than buy a fixture so someone else would have to test it. Also for people that don't want to use an ATO it can be disabled, it just shows the iAqua logo in that area on the home screen. Home page will cycle through the enabled temperature sensors but they can be configured to not show on home page.

I did my own PCB which includes the TFT shield components and PCA9685. The PCA9685 can be bypassed with 0R resistors if soldering it on is too difficult or it's just not wanted, in the code its just a matter of changing a varible from true to false. I think that covers most of the information about it, so here's some pictures of the pcb/my build and the various screens:

PCB

My controller build

Home

ATO running

ATO alarm

Settings menu

Dosing Pump Settings

LED setting bargraphs

LED Channel colors

ATO Settings

Sensor Settings

Heatsink/Internal temp fan control

Heater settings

LED graph

Lunar cycle

Timer disabled

Timer enabled

Here are the PCB files and updated code:

PCB Files

PCB BOM

v2.3.4 Jan 18, 2016

v2.3.6 Sept 20, 2016

v2.5.1 Feb 16, 2017

v2.5.2 Jan 2, 2018 (moved to github)

Last edited by MrMan; 01-03-2018 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Moved image hosting
post #1320 of 2117 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 08:56 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I'd be interested in the board and code. Still trying to figure out what I want to build.

I like the ATO, don't need the third dosing pump, like the PWM channels.

thanks,
david

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode