iAqua: My Touch Interface Aquarium Controller (Arduino) - Page 80 - The Planted Tank Forum
 198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1186 of 2124 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 09:06 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldex View Post
Hi O2 I did that still no visibility of the Fading option like in the photo of yours:

Do you have this screen?

You have to tap the sun/ moon icons on each ramp to set the fade duration for that ramp. What happens when you try?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
225 Gal, Glass "Reef Ready" w/ dual Iwaki Pumps & 2 Ocean Clear inline filters. Makers 72" heat sink w/ 12 NanoBox V3 led arrays, custom built CC drivers. All controlled by a BlueFish "mini" Led Controller.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and a 20lb CO2 system w/ Milwaukee Ph Controller.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1187 of 2124 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 10:11 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2surplus View Post
Do you have this screen?

You have to tap the sun/ moon icons on each ramp to set the fade duration for that ramp. What happens when you try?
When I tap on any icon, another screen is displayed to change the start time and length. But the code has a fade section.
post #1188 of 2124 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 10:51 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Did you switch on the lighting in the power menu? And the lighting in the power schedule menu?

I might be dutch but I don't have a dutch scape.

post #1189 of 2124 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 01:54 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by fietsenrex View Post
Did you switch on the lighting in the power menu? And the lighting in the power schedule menu?
Yes I did. If you see my photos the LED's are green, and schedule running.
post #1190 of 2124 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 05:36 PM
Algae Grower

Hi Guys can you tell me how your guys wired leds:

I have 2 x Meanwell ELN 60 48D wired up as below, but not sure about the iAqua pins:

Meanwell to relay board:
Meanwell 1: Relay 1:
white (DIM+) -> relay1 - positive
Blue (DIM-) -> relay1 - neutral
Meanwell 2: Relay 2:

iAqua to Relay Board 12V:
iAqua PWM pins: Relay:
Pin 7 White out -> - Relay1 in
Pin 6 Red out -> - Relay2 in
12V -> - 12v in
GND -> - GND in

What are the Light1 and Light 2 outputs used for and how much voltage it should show?
post #1191 of 2124 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 08:34 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Hi Guys can you tell me how your guys wired leds:

I have 2 x Meanwell ELN 60 48D wired up as below, but not sure about the iAqua pins:

Meanwell to relay board:
Meanwell 1: Relay 1:
Meanwell 2: Relay 2:

iAqua to Relay Board 12V:
iAqua PWM pins: Relay:
Pin 7 White out -> - Relay1 in
Pin 6 Red out -> - Relay2 in
12V -> - 12v in
GND -> - GND in

What are the Light1 and Light 2 outputs used for and how much voltage it should show?

Have you built your 8 socket Relay Controlled Power Strip yet? You'll need to get that done before you'll be able to move on with the project.

NOTE:The Meanwell ELN series require a 10V dimming signal. IIRC the ELN "D" uses an analog signal, whereas the "P" version requires PWM. The iAqua controller only puts out a 5V PWM signal, so your ELN drivers dimming circuits will not work correctly without a few additional components. You'll need a 10V power source, 4 NPN transistors, 1k resistors, and a few caps to make it work.
In all reality- the ELN drivers SUCK! They go dark at 10 - 15% whereas their little brothers (the Meanwell LDD-H) will dim to Zero and use 5V PWM. You have the option to use the drivers you have to drive your leds, or you can use them as a power supply for the superior LDD-H. If dimming all the way to Zero is important enough, the money spent to make the ELN drivers compatible with the iAqua controller, could be better spent upgrading to the LDD-H. What say ye mate?

225 Gal, Glass "Reef Ready" w/ dual Iwaki Pumps & 2 Ocean Clear inline filters. Makers 72" heat sink w/ 12 NanoBox V3 led arrays, custom built CC drivers. All controlled by a BlueFish "mini" Led Controller.
post #1192 of 2124 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 12:09 AM
Suspended

Quote:
" uses an analog signal, whereas the "P" version requires PWM..
P version dims fine w 0-10v.....
Quote:

In all reality- the ELN drivers SUCK! They go dark at 10 - 15% whereas their little brothers (the Meanwell LDD-H) will dim to Zero and use 5V PWM.
Agreed

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure."
post #1193 of 2124 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 08:01 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkrol View Post
P version dims fine w 0-10v.....

Agreed
Unfortunately I have already got 2 "D" versions, I don't need 0 dim, just enough, as they will turn off regardless. I guess I will have to use the light1 and light2 pins as these are 5V right?

Hey O2 so where does the 8 socket Relay Controlled Power Strip come into play, does this go between the iAqua and relay board and powers the 12V relay board?
post #1194 of 2124 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 01:45 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Unfortunately I have already got 2 "D" versions, I don't need 0 dim, just enough, as they will turn off regardless. I guess I will have to use the light1 and light2 pins as these are 5V right?

Hey O2 so where does the 8 socket Relay Controlled Power Strip come into play, does this go between the iAqua and relay board and powers the 12V relay board?

The 8 channel relay board is supposed to be installed to control 8 AC power outlets. Many people like "Kman" and others actually installed wall mounted outlets in custom boxes and wired the relay board in that way. I chose another path and purchased an 8 outlet "DJ" style power strip and wired the relays into that. Here's a couple photos of mine-

The relays are wired to control the "hot" wire for each power outlet. One side of the Common "Hot" wire is connected to the "Comm" connection at each relay and another wire is run from the "NO" terminal of the relay to each power outlet. The 10 wires (+12V, Ground, & 8- 5V signal wires) are then connected between the iAqua shield and the 5V control side of relay block.

post #1195 of 2124 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 04:53 PM
Algae Grower

help im getting this error when trying to upload the sketch please

Arduino: 1.6.1 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Iv deleted all the stuff in the middle takes up to much room please ask if you need it

C:\Users\Sony\AppData\Local\Temp\build617998168901 8095978.tmp\arial_bold.c:9:9: error: variable 'arial_bold' must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of '__attribute__((progmem))'

uint8_t arial_bold[3044] PROGMEM={

^

Error compiling.

Edit: changed to arduino 1.0.6 and seems to be working now.

Last edited by jmh474; 03-13-2015 at 05:39 PM. Reason: working now
post #1196 of 2124 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 08:08 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

it was a font error incase you wanted to know I believe
post #1197 of 2124 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 08:48 PM
Algae Grower

well new problem now the touch screen don't work lol can't win

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
post #1198 of 2124 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 08:57 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

check on the pin configs make sure they are correct in the sketch and how it goes to your tft/LCD and did you change them with the wires on tft shield? look for loose connections on them. I find it faster to look at that stuff like that first. most of the time it is a small problem. are you using one of 02's shields? if so some of his pins don't make a tight fit so look a that if you have one
post #1199 of 2124 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 10:17 PM
Algae Grower

well i fried my old arduino and the touch was working got a new arduino and now its not working so im lost

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
post #1200 of 2124 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 06:48 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Any body else notice this? My controller had been running flawlessly for weeks.....until yesterday. I noticed that my lighting didn't appear to be keeping with the schedule and a "?" was showing on the home screen. Normally- after making adjustments to the lighting schedule/ PWM levels for each channel, I'd have to reset the controller to have the changes take effect. This time was different... the controller would either lock up or continuously cycle the relays, until I'd unplug it to force a reset again. The only difference that I could find was that I hadn't activated the fish feeding button in 200+ hours. On a lark, I hit the feeder button just to see what would happen. After the 5 minute feeding session timed out, the controller reset itself and returned to normal operation. This has me wondering? Is there a software bug that only appears if the feeder function is not used for a certain amount of time? Could it be that the controller gets weirded out if it has to store an integer (for number of hours elapsed since last feeding) that's too large? If so- how do we fix it in the code?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode