iAqua: My Touch Interface Aquarium Controller (Arduino) - Page 137 - The Planted Tank Forum
 193Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2041 of 2069 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 05:14 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Anyone interested (or maybe someone already done that) in Nextion TFT version. Nextion TFT display uses only two port (RX/TX) and 5V and GND.

Anyone??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2042 of 2069 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 01:32 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon1998 View Post
Anyone interested (or maybe someone already done that) in Nextion TFT version. Nextion TFT display uses only two port (RX/TX) and 5V and GND.

Anyone??
I am using one for a similar aquarium application.
The nextion Arduino library did not work so well so I wrote my own code to handle the messaging.
32GB micro card or smaller to load screen applications.

If one spends the time some really nice screens can be made.

Don't think this would plug and play with the existing application in any way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Growing is not that difficult.
post #2043 of 2069 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 07:04 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland Guppy View Post
Don't think this would plug and play with the existing application in any way.
Well I agree with you. This part must be completely rewritten.
I successfully removed UTFT part, working on supporting Nextion display (partial already done). Added support for Neopixel RGBW led strip (working as replacement for e-series, partial done storm lightning, clouds ...).
For now idea is keeping both UTFT and Neopixel.

Last edited by vorlon1998; 04-17-2019 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Added info

post #2044 of 2069 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 03:43 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Hi guys, following this forum for a while. So I decided to build my own controller (with the help of this forum).
I have a few questions:
1. Why the board uses two different approaches for PWN (ports 2 - 7) and PCA9685? Is there any difference (other than programming part which is already done)? I mean in visualisation of LEDs??
2. Which software should I use to release ports 2 - 7 on addon board (can I edit gerber files ???)?? Will try to use Neopixel RGBW led strip in the same manner as e-series LED. A part of code is already done (moonlight, thunder, sunset, sunrise). Cloud Ö well maybe ...
3. Looking at code and if somebody knows what M1..M4 meaning (don't have e-series LEDs). This are preset settings which could be set in iaqua or are set in LED controller?

BTW:
I Don't have any hardware yet (only Arduino Mega 2560).
The reason my code has PWM on pins 2-7 as well as through the PCA9685 is so that people not using my specific board can still use my code as I felt it contained useful additions over the original iAqua code. Basically if "lightCSP" is set to true it will use IR to control the e-series LED, if it's false it will do PWM dimming through either pins 2-7 or PCA based on boolean "PCA9685Installed".

M1-M4 were just stored settings in the e-series LED, I think the original intent was that once the controller had ramped up the e-series to the desired values it would sent the M1 command to ensure the light was at the correct settings, since with IR you don't get any feedback to know it actually changed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #2045 of 2069 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 06:25 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
The reason my code has PWM on pins 2-7 as well as through the PCA9685 is so that people not using my specific board can still use my code as I felt it contained useful additions over the original iAqua code. Basically if "lightCSP" is set to true it will use IR to control the e-series LED, if it's false it will do PWM dimming through either pins 2-7 or PCA based on boolean "PCA9685Installed".

M1-M4 were just stored settings in the e-series LED, I think the original intent was that once the controller had ramped up the e-series to the desired values it would sent the M1 command to ensure the light was at the correct settings, since with IR you don't get any feedback to know it actually changed.

Thank you for your answer.
I already solved this issue regarding port 2 - 7.
This is the part of code for simulating e-series LEDs.
Code:
if (lightCSP==true) 
        {
          #ifdef NEOPIXELRGBW
            neoShow(M1, 0);
          #else
            irsend.sendNEC(M1,32); // send IR to lights to change modes
          #endif  
        }
The PWM code part must be changed in writeToLED. This part of code should work on your board (not tested yet).

Do you have all icons in png format??? There is difference between raw and png images!

Last edited by vorlon1998; 04-18-2019 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Question
post #2046 of 2069 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 03:15 PM
Algae Grower

What a fantastic job that was accomplished here !

I have to build one.
post #2047 of 2069 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 08:57 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Thank you for your answer.
I already solved this issue regarding port 2 - 7.
This is the part of code for simulating e-series LEDs.
Code:
if (lightCSP==true) 
        {
          #ifdef NEOPIXELRGBW
            neoShow(M1, 0);
          #else
            irsend.sendNEC(M1,32); // send IR to lights to change modes
          #endif  
        }
The PWM code part must be changed in writeToLED. This part of code should work on your board (not tested yet).

Do you have all icons in png format??? There is difference between raw and png images!
They're all on my github page:
https://github.com/NineteenFire/MrAqua/tree/master/PNG

I've been thinking about making an ESP8266 based controller using Blynk, I like the logging it has and getting notifications right to your phone would be nice.

post #2048 of 2069 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 08:38 AM
Algae Grower

Question

Quote:
They're all on my github page:
https://github.com/NineteenFire/MrAqua/tree/master/PNG

I've been thinking about making an ESP8266 based controller using Blynk, I like the logging it has and getting notifications right to your phone would be nice.
The folder PNG doesn't contains all files (comparing to SD card Images - ex. warning.raw).

The next project will be on ESP8266 or ESP32S, but don't know about Blynk (yet). It must have MQTT (to connect to my house automation) and IFTTT.
MrMan you design this extension board for Mega. I know it is possible, but are you willing to do that (I'm not strong in electronics)?
post #2049 of 2069 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 07:15 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
The folder PNG doesn't contains all files (comparing to SD card Images - ex. warning.raw).

The next project will be on ESP8266 or ESP32S, but don't know about Blynk (yet). It must have MQTT (to connect to my house automation) and IFTTT.
MrMan you design this extension board for Mega. I know it is possible, but are you willing to do that (I'm not strong in electronics)?
Looks like when I uploaded everything originally I didn't notice the upload limit for the PNG folder, it's all there now.

I don't think Blynk is as good as you could get designing everything yourself but it's very intuitive to use and I like the ease of pulling up the app and seeing all of your data right there. If I did design an ESP8266 based controller it would be easy to write your own code for it to control it with whichever method you wanted.

post #2050 of 2069 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 07:12 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Looks like when I uploaded everything originally I didn't notice the upload limit for the PNG folder, it's all there now.

I don't think Blynk is as good as you could get designing everything yourself but it's very intuitive to use and I like the ease of pulling up the app and seeing all of your data right there. If I did design an ESP8266 based controller it would be easy to write your own code for it to control it with whichever method you wanted.

To be honest I don't like Blynk (it's not (totally) free, some things are, some thing aren't). I agree with you, that software could be done with or without display. I would like to connect to my OpenHab2 system with MQTT (from there I can use my phone or any device).
post #2051 of 2069 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 10:57 AM
Algae Grower

parts of Shield of MrAqua

Hello everyone,

A big thanks to all who contribute to this fantastic project and in particular to AnotherHobby, O2Surplus and MrMan who keeps the project alive!

I am trying to gather the necessary parts to make the shield of MrAqua and I am having difficulties in the item below:

In Europe there is no Q4 - MOSFET N-CH 30V 5.6A SOT223 (DK # DMN3032LE-13DICT-ND / Part Value DMN3032LE-13), does anyone please indicate an equivalent, perhaps on www.Farnell.com or Aliexpress?

Thank you very much
Hugo
post #2052 of 2069 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 01:23 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpsxrb View Post
In Europe there is no Q4 - MOSFET N-CH 30V 5.6A SOT223 (DK # DMN3032LE-13DICT-ND / Part Value DMN3032LE-13), does anyone please indicate an equivalent, perhaps on www.Farnell.com or Aliexpress?

Try here. I'm from Europe too, and my local shop orders from them!
post #2053 of 2069 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 08:12 PM
Algae Grower

Search for IRML6344TRPBF on tme.eu or farnell.com

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A505FN folosind Tapatalk
post #2054 of 2069 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 11:09 AM
Algae Grower

connectores of Shield of MrAqua

. . . many thanks to vorlon1998 and sgianim !

Regarding the connectors HD1, HS1 and HS2:

in what place in the shield they are placed (excuse my ignorance that maybe have to see I still do not have the Arduino), is below the pcb and in which positions ?

Thank you very much.
Hugo

Last edited by hpsxrb; 05-02-2019 at 10:08 AM. Reason: correction
post #2055 of 2069 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 02:25 PM

Hi Mr.Man and all other members contributing towards this projects.

I already have an aquarium automation (Managed with Arduino Mega, RTCDS3231, DS18B20, 8 channel 12v Relay Module to manage pump, lights,co2 dosing ) and was amaze to see this thread so have ordered the remaining components as per the another and 02 schematics and Diagrams. I am currently reading through all the threads to validate if there is any major changes.Have got all the files, libraries,Images from the github. Please let me know if i should check on somethings or any tips before proceeding.

Looking forward or your support and help.

Regards
SS

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode