iAqua: My Touch Interface Aquarium Controller (Arduino) - Page 135 - The Planted Tank Forum
 199Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2011 of 2152 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 08:16 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Help about MrAqua x.ino codes

Hello Guys,

Thank You for your hard work about this project to all ppl here.
I just read the whole thread and downloaded all of the available source, so im at the start line
Have only one question about mraqua codes.
mraqua.ino : i understand it-OK

But there are: alarms.ino, screens.ino, startups.ino, and touch.ino
What are they for?

Thank you so much?
BR.

Laszlo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 2152 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 06:23 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by laszlojoni View Post
Hello Guys,

Thank You for your hard work about this project to all ppl here.
I just read the whole thread and downloaded all of the available source, so im at the start line <a href="https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/images/smilie/icon_smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smile" >:-)</a>
Have only one question about mraqua codes.
mraqua.ino : i understand it-OK

But there are: alarms.ino, screens.ino, startups.ino, and touch.ino
What are they for?

Thank you so much?
BR.

Laszlo
Just compile and upload &#x1f609;
These are different tabs for different parts of the code, But you need them to get the system working

I might be dutch but I don't have a dutch scape.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2013 of 2152 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 07:58 PM

Thank You so much.
Just ordered all of the parts. Im at the research phase now.

One more question about the 5V regulator. In the thread there are a lots of comment about it. Somewhere I read about you have to use, somewhere not.

What is the point about it?

Thank You,
BR.
Laszlo

post #2014 of 2152 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 05:33 PM
Algae Grower

Hello everyone,
I must say that this work is really nice and well done congratulations I've been following you for a long time but,
But I have some problems to solve, in practice the dosing pumps work in the testing phase and here everything is fine in the application, but when I set the times do not work I checked for what I understand the code but I do not come to head. There is some good soul that can help me thank you very much.
I was forgetting about the composition of the hardware:
arduino mega,
3.2 "inch TFT LCD touch screen with SD,
DS3231 clock module,
PCA9685
Version I am using MyAqua V 2.5.3
post #2015 of 2152 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 02:48 PM

Hello

I have the problem again with the crash when dimming.
I did a video once.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...1tcVNuRGx0OThn

Maybe someone has the same effect and a solution for me.

greetings
Andrť
post #2016 of 2152 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 03:46 PM

wrong comment sorry

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsworld78 View Post
I'm using the IRFZ44N. I can't read your schematic o2, I found another that's the same but more notes but its just heating up the transistor as well. I'll try what you posted renesis.

IRFZ44N should work. The Vgs(th)= https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/irfz44...53563b3575220b

BR.

Laszlo
post #2017 of 2152 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 02:48 PM

Hi ,

Any body have translate to 7 inch screen ?

Thanks
post #2018 of 2152 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 08:46 PM
Algae Grower

Hello everyone I ask how I can solve my problem of the pumps that I can not run automatically in times, I tried for what I know of the program of arduino "not very unfortunately" you can help me I just miss this to complete the operation.
It has another thing that I do not understand that when I connect to the serial monitor of the IDE continues to redo the boot comes out with these words:
Finished watchdog setup
v2.5.3
sensor1Calibration: 0.00
sensor2Calibration: 0.00
sensor3Calibration: 0.00
# of alarms: 6
SRAM: 3901
and continue to infinity and on the display appears green in the lower part.
Thank you again

Translated into google translator
post #2019 of 2152 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 04:57 PM
Algae Grower

Increase alarms number.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A510F folosind Tapatalk
post #2020 of 2152 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 11:29 AM

Hi Folks,
I downloaded the latest version of GitHub and compiled it.
My question is: Does anyone have a circuit diagram for example: Fritzing etc. or list of parts and shields.

Thanks for reply.
post #2021 of 2152 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 06:07 PM
Algae Grower

Hello sgianim, excuse my ignorance in how I increase the number of alarms?
If I understand maybe
void updateAlarms ()
{
// clear, free, delete all possible alarms
for (byte i = 0; i <= 50; i ++) Alarm.free (i);
but nothing happens it seems that it does not read them the dosers' schedules, thanks a lot.
post #2022 of 2152 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 06:21 AM
Algae Grower

In TimeAlarms.h increase number of alarms to 100 or replace this file in TimeAlarms libraries.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TimeAlarms.zip (2.1 KB, 39 views)
post #2023 of 2152 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 09:53 AM
Algae Grower

hello sgianim, thank you very much for the help now works for months I did not understand sincerely I would not have found without your help. Another thing you know how to help me when I connect USB on Arduino and the PC hangs and resets continuously makes the control and then reboots. thank you
post #2024 of 2152 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 03:25 AM
Algae Grower

Hi Guys,

Apologies in advance for the long post - and if my questions have already been answered previously (I have read through the whole thread on numerous occasions, but there are a lot of posts & I may have missed something). I'll start with some progress updates on my own build, then into a couple of specific questions I have which relate to: orientation of the schutty diodes vs. schematic and location of PWM resistors.

Firstly, a huge thankyou to everyone that has posted in this thread - it has been a huge help to me & extremely educational. Thanks of note to @AnotherHobby, @02Surplus (R.I.P.), & @MrMan, who's PCB & code I'm using.

A brief intro of me: I don't have an aquarium, fish or plants, have never delved into electronics or soldered a thing in my life, and have never used an arduino. Great start huh? :P I have however coded extensively, and at the end of the day programming is programming, so expect that will be the easiest part for me. I plan on building my own aquarium to the dimensions I need (read: space I need it to fit). I'm first building my controller and LED light bar, I'll measure the light output I get and choose appropriate plants, and finally choose this fish I will stock my aquarium with - with a target of having everything up and running by the end of June. A little backwards I know, but given I'm starting everything from scratch I think it makes sense to approach it that way. Once I have the controller built & successfully tested, I plan on trying to add a PH meter, WiFi, and MQTT integration into my home automation system POC (another project I have going to learn Raspberry Pi)

Anywho, introductions over I'll give an update on my progress to date. I'm using PCB and code from @MrMan. As a brief aside I had a minimum order quantity when I had them fabricated, so have spares if anyone wants one. I've finished (or so I thought!) soldering all the parts on, and given I've never soldered before am pretty happy with the results.

I've also got the bones of my LED light bar coming along nicely. 15 x 1W Luxeon Rebel LEDs, a mixture of 3000K, 5000K, 6500K, Red & Blue (I have the wavelengths written down somewhere, buried at the moment under a pile of electronics!)

I have a constant current driver for each of the 5 channels of lighting. Because these are fiddly little f.... things, another first for me - I designed a PCB board to mount them on that should be compatible with MrMan's PCB. Again I had a minimum order quantity for these, so when they arrive and I test it works will have some spares if anyone is interested.

And other than having sheets of acrylic and a bunch of other parts (switches, power supplies, regulators etc) ready to go to make my enclosures, that's my progress to date.

Now, onto the questions. I'll start with what I hope are the easy one's. Given the length of this post, my break my questions up into 2 more posts - power & PWM...
post #2025 of 2152 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 03:36 AM
Algae Grower

POWER
My assumption looking at the schematic is that there is no 12V regulator on the board, so I'll need to regulate upstream of the PCB? I think that's correct? I'm working on that assumption at the moment.

There are 2 Schutty (sp?) diodes D1 and D7. Googling these reveals they are to stop reverse flow of current - ie current can only flow in one direction, and the "line" or indicator on the diode itself shows the "block" on flow ie current cannot clow back through that side of the diode. This is my uber technical understanding anyway.

For diode D1, I'm assuming the schematic symbol indicates that power can flow from left to right but not back again. Looking at the PCB itself, this seems to make sense. I therefore solder the diode with the "line" on the left?

For Diode D7, the schematic is a little more confusing. If I take a step back and try & understand what is trying to be achieved, I'm assuming the diode is preventing flow of current back from the negative terminal of the ATO pump, and I should therefore solder the diode onto the PCB as follows:

I am struggling however to understand why this diode is even there? ie could the traces simply not be bridged? I'm assuming I'm missing something very important here? This would also be a reversal of how I interpreted the schematic for D1, which I am concerned about. Whichever way I flip the diode to try and understand current flow and what makes sense, I just end up getting very confused....

[EDIT] Looking at the pics I've just noticed for the first time the "dot" silk screened next to the diode pads. While I'm struggling to understand the theory, I assume this is the side the "line" on the diode needs to be soldered?

Last edited by wiley_au; 03-14-2019 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Fixed broken image links

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode