iAqua: My Touch Interface Aquarium Controller (Arduino) - Page 134 - The Planted Tank Forum
 198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1996 of 2125 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 11:27 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
@VHRCH

I think this is what you looking for

https://github.com/NineteenFire/MrAqua
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1997 of 2125 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 08:04 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to p_cipri
Hello. the project presented here is a superb one. I'd like to use it for a koi crawfish pond. I would be interested in starting out if she can check the PH, and then 2, 3 pumps, 2, 3 auxiliary relays.
post #1998 of 2125 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 11:52 AM
Algae Grower

@MrMan I found some new images in your new code regarding cooling, but I only found the small ones.
Are there the bigger ones too for the power screen? Thanks.
Attached Images

post #1999 of 2125 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 01:21 PM

Help

Good day, I have one question, maybe I missed while reading the forum, but i have a problem with aux1,aux2 and air pump.
I can manually push them on the power button, but they will not activate themselves when I set them in shedule.
post #2000 of 2125 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 02:46 PM

Hello everybody here.

Im new and from Germany and my english is not so good.

I read a lot of here in this Forum over this project.
I build for my aquarium with a mega and a 7" TFT and MrAqua's last sketch the System.
But i have a Problem with the Ramps. The first and the second one will chance but the others wont.
It freeze always in the mid sun - then the PWM will not change.
when im going in the settings and then in light i can change and resinc and it will be in the right light mod when i switched back -
but the ramp wont do somthing

I don't understand this.

Can sombody help me?

Thanks
klaeri68
(Frank)
post #2001 of 2125 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
Hi, i'm trying to instal this but the home page seems to have bugs, i think the last version is missing some files.

"v2.5.1" on dropbox has 188 files in "SD Card Images" folder while "v2.5.2" on github has only 99 files in it.

I tried to use the missing files from the previous version on the new one, the home page look more normal but nothing happen if i touch the screen, i can't even enter any menu.

Since i use standard TFT shield i modified this line to use the correct pins for my board but with no success :

Code:
UTFT myGLCD(SSD1289,38,39,40,41); // start up an instance of the TFT screen
//URTouch myTouch(46,45,44,43,42);  // start up an instance of for touch
URTouch myTouch(6, 5, 4, 3, 2); // For standard TFT shield
There anything more we have to do hardware wise to make it work with standard TFT shield?
post #2002 of 2125 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 05:11 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni67 View Post
Hi, i'm trying to instal this but the home page seems to have bugs, i think the last version is missing some files.

"v2.5.1" on dropbox has 188 files in "SD Card Images" folder while "v2.5.2" on github has only 99 files in it.

I tried to use the missing files from the previous version on the new one, the home page look more normal but nothing happen if i touch the screen, i can't even enter any menu.

Since i use standard TFT shield i modified this line to use the correct pins for my board but with no success :

Code:
UTFT myGLCD(SSD1289,38,39,40,41); // start up an instance of the TFT screen
//URTouch myTouch(46,45,44,43,42);  // start up an instance of for touch
URTouch myTouch(6, 5, 4, 3, 2); // For standard TFT shield
There anything more we have to do hardware wise to make it work with standard TFT shield?
Try removing this section as it's trying to use the same pins as the TFT shield would be:

Code:
// used for PWM lighting control
  pinMode(led1Pin, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(led2Pin, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(led3Pin, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(led4Pin, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(led5Pin, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(led6Pin, OUTPUT);
You'll also have to make sure PCA9685Installed is set to true even if it isn't or the code will try to set pins 2-6 to PWM for the LEDs.

Also, I fixed the missing SD card images from Github, you can only upload 100 files at a time and I guess I forgot to add the remaining after.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2003 of 2125 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 10:34 PM

Hi, I'm waiting for the parts to asemble the iAqua. and i choose to the 7" TFT can you upload your code.

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaeri68 View Post
Hello everybody here.

Im new and from Germany and my english is not so good.

I read a lot of here in this Forum over this project.
I build for my aquarium with a mega and a 7" TFT and MrAqua's last sketch the System.
But i have a Problem with the Ramps. The first and the second one will chance but the others wont.
It freeze always in the mid sun - then the PWM will not change.
when im going in the settings and then in light i can change and resinc and it will be in the right light mod when i switched back -
but the ramp wont do somthing

I don't understand this.

Can sombody help me?

Thanks
klaeri68
(Frank)
post #2004 of 2125 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
Try removing this section as it's trying to use the same pins as the TFT shield would be:

Code:
// used for PWM lighting control
  pinMode(led1Pin, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(led2Pin, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(led3Pin, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(led4Pin, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(led5Pin, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(led6Pin, OUTPUT);
You'll also have to make sure PCA9685Installed is set to true even if it isn't or the code will try to set pins 2-6 to PWM for the LEDs.

Also, I fixed the missing SD card images from Github, you can only upload 100 files at a time and I guess I forgot to add the remaining after.
Thank you!

Shunting my shield fixed it but the files are very welcome.

Coming from a modded version of Ferduino i find this one way more reactive, light transition is also smoother and easier to setup, everything i wanted, thx again to you and OP for sharing your project
post #2005 of 2125 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanmc1988 View Post
sorry brain dead right now, i'm working but i have no idea what this meant right now lol

but i was looking at this thread that you made here for the 5-7" lcd

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/s...d.php?t=784562

what did u need help with on the hardware stuff... maybe i can help with that... lol i made my own controller for a vivarium but got lazy of the time wasted on making one for an aquarium as there are so many out there already...

my arduino vivarium controller photos:

i had also started making a aquarium one to but stopped 10% of the way cause it would have been hours on end making it again lol but here is a glimps of what i started for an aquarium:
I'm trying to view the thread that says works with 5" 7" tft but the forum returns me that

Code:
Jaimelito, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I've been modifying the code to resize the images and touch areas but doesn't work very well, in the tests that i have made the images shows data corruption.

If anybody has the code that works well in 7" tft and wants to share I appeciate it.

Merry Christmas to all.
post #2006 of 2125 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 06:19 PM

Dimming Fail

Hello

I'm trying to get iAqua up and running.
Actually, it is synonymous but when I try to dimming the Arduino crashes and then takes over the new brightness without dimming.
I would find it more beautiful if the Arduino does not crash and nice and slow dimming.
Do I have to set something in the setup?
I have an 8 relay module. PCA9685 and the TouchDisplay on the Arduino.
Do I still need to connect the temperature sensors so that the watchdog does not sound alarm?

Greetings André
post #2007 of 2125 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 02:04 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

did you wire the PWM properly and did you set the boolean regarding PWM correctly?
should be around line 490 (at least in 2.3.6)
Code:
// if you have a Current Satellite Plus, this is true
// if you are controlling your lights directly with PWM, this is false
boolean lightCSP = false;
int maxIR = 100; //using e-series

//If PCA9865 is installed this is true, otherwise it is false to use Arduino PWM pins
boolean PCA9685Installed = false;

I might be dutch but I don't have a dutch scape.

post #2008 of 2125 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 04:55 PM

Dimming Fail

Hello

Thank you for your prompt reply.
I have the attitude, nevertheless, the Arduino went out while dimming briefly.
I have now hung the Rails module and the PCA to another source of voltage.
Until now it works.
Class work from you.
Since I can connect my LED lighting.

Greetings André
post #2009 of 2125 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 03:41 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by rieders View Post
Hello

I'm trying to get iAqua up and running.
Actually, it is synonymous but when I try to dimming the Arduino crashes and then takes over the new brightness without dimming.
I would find it more beautiful if the Arduino does not crash and nice and slow dimming.
Do I have to set something in the setup?
I have an 8 relay module. PCA9685 and the TouchDisplay on the Arduino.
Do I still need to connect the temperature sensors so that the watchdog does not sound alarm?

Greetings André
I had issues with dimming on mine, not sure if the MRMan build solved it as I didn't see his before ordering parts. For mine, the issue was the LCD I got needed a ground for dimming the screen and as set in the original instructions, it's based off a screen that uses power. Idk if that could be the issue your having, but...

Bump: Having an issue with mine after running fine for a few months and wanted to ask here is anyone else has had the same issues.... before diving into it.
On one build, the relays no longer activate/deactivate via time. They do turn on/off manually when I select them in the power menu, but the automation is not working for some of them (Aux 1, heater and CO2) while working for the rest.
On a second build, the screen becomes responsive, but does continue to run the program and screen brightens when touched.... just doesn't move to the button pushed.
I have tried other Arduinos for both, and both work the same regardless.
Anyone have any ideas?

Also, if Mr Man is listening... Can I use your sketch with O2's board or would I need to modify something to use what I have with yours?
post #2010 of 2125 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 11:38 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Nottelling View Post
Also, if Mr Man is listening... Can I use your sketch with O2's board or would I need to modify something to use what I have with yours?
Should be OK I think, most pins are the same between iAqua and MrAqua software. Dosing pump3 won't work, and if you're using LEDs only ch2/3/4/5 would work unless you update my software to use the same pins as iAqua.
David Nottelling likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode