iAqua: My Touch Interface Aquarium Controller (Arduino) - Page 101 - The Planted Tank Forum
 198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1501 of 2124 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 01:25 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hello dear friends

First of all please excuse my written mistakes english is not the native language for my so sorry again.
2 months ago i started this project but i have some problem with the internal temperature sensor .I use a dth11(
temperature and humidity) and fail to implement it in sketch ,has anyone tried to implement dth11 in sketch?

All my respect for hard work
Best regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 2124 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 09:21 PM
Algae Grower

I uploaded the UTFT library and I'm getting a lot of errors saying "does not name a type" or "was not declared in scope". Any ideas of whats wrong?
Also does pins 2 and 19 on the screen have to be connected to anything, on the table for the screen it shows " * " for pins 2 and 19.
thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled1230.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	621417  

post #1503 of 2124 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 07:41 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

did you read the full thread?
I had a lot of issues compiling becuase i used a different arduino software version..
is the board set to mega in the settings?

I might be dutch but I don't have a dutch scape.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #1504 of 2124 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 03:03 AM
Algae Grower

Ok so I have a new problem. When I go into Settings > Dosing.... as soon as the screen loads, it reboots.

Also, when I go and change how large the dosing volume is, it only goes to 990mL. (this was before it was rebooting). The dose size i changed to 20mL and I have it set to full, I only have 1 dose on the front screen.
post #1505 of 2124 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 03:24 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by fietsenrex View Post
did you read the full thread?
I had a lot of issues compiling becuase i used a different arduino software version..
is the board set to mega in the settings?
I have it set to mega in the settings. Which version of arduino did you use to get it going?
post #1506 of 2124 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 07:19 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by plant_guru View Post
Ok so I have a new problem. When I go into Settings > Dosing.... as soon as the screen loads, it reboots.

Also, when I go and change how large the dosing volume is, it only goes to 990mL. (this was before it was rebooting). The dose size i changed to 20mL and I have it set to full, I only have 1 dose on the front screen.
try clearing the EEPROM and reload the code again, I had similar issues with the dosing as where the number to high for the code to work properly.
you can add the EEPROM anything library to see if it makes a difference, for me it worked great.
the current code without that library doesn't allow higher values than 255. (except for the flowrate of the pump for some reason)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaratt View Post
I have it set to mega in the settings. Which version of arduino did you use to get it going?
I think it was 1.0.6, but since I started using linux as an OS and working on multiple places I switched to codebender.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1507 of 2124 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 12:32 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)
Here is a sketch I use to clear the EEPROM. I used it to fix a similar issue I had.

Quote:

Bump: I've noticed that if I touch the screen and my finger is wet/damp at all it hangs and the icon I touched looks like static. I have to be very careful to make sure my finger is dry. I typically do this when I'm trimming, cleaning and forget to turn off the filter.

I wonder if putting a screen protector on it would help?

Anyone else see this sensitivity to moisture?

david
Attached Files
File Type: zip cleareeprom.zip (833 Bytes, 115 views)
post #1508 of 2124 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 01:57 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I've the issue that when my fingers are wet the screen doesn't respond at all or just random.

post #1509 of 2124 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 03:36 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
Here is a sketch I use to clear the EEPROM. I used it to fix a similar issue I had.

Bump: I've noticed that if I touch the screen and my finger is wet/damp at all it hangs and the icon I touched looks like static. I have to be very careful to make sure my finger is dry. I typically do this when I'm trimming, cleaning and forget to turn off the filter.

I wonder if putting a screen protector on it would help?

Anyone else see this sensitivity to moisture?

david
I actually use a stylus to touch the screen.

Is there a way to make the dosing jugs larger than 990mL? I have some 4L that I would like to use
post #1510 of 2124 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 05:11 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
I actually use a stylus to touch the screen.

Is there a way to make the dosing jugs larger than 990mL? I have some 4L that I would like to use
The screens aren't capacitive so i'm not sure a stylus is the way to go. They're actually resistive touch so they respond to pressure, i find the pointy end of an empty mechanical pencil works great.

I looked at the iAqua code and don't see any limits to the dosing container size in the touch routine. It looks like it should go all the way to 2550ml and then either roll back or cause some sort of error. The code uses an int so if 255 is stored it will read 255, increase to 256 and then try to write but due to EEPROM being in bytes I believe it would rollover and write a 0. However the code would continue to run with 2560ml until it re-reads the EEPROM value.

post #1511 of 2124 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 09:32 PM
Algae Grower

OK so I switched to 1.0.6 and i'm still getting the same problem. It keeps saying "does not name a type" and "not declared in scope".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ioasdf.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	623201  

post #1512 of 2124 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 02:38 AM
Algae Grower

I don't think my dosing pumps are working. I try to read the voltage across the pins on the board, and I have no measurable voltage when the pumps should be running.

Where can I look to see where I went wrong?

BTW I have an O2Surplus shield hooked up.
post #1513 of 2124 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 02:48 AM
Planted Member

Quote:
I don't think my dosing pumps are working. I try to read the voltage across the pins on the board, and I have no measurable voltage when the pumps should be running.

Where can I look to see where I went wrong?

BTW I have an O2Surplus shield hooked up.
It's an open collector circuit, you won't read voltage across the dosing pump connector without the pump actually connected

post #1514 of 2124 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 03:29 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
It's an open collector circuit, you won't read voltage across the dosing pump connector without the pump actually connected
The pumps are connected
post #1515 of 2124 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 12:54 AM
Algae Grower

Im figured out the "was not declared in scope error" but now im getting another error saying,

java.io.IOException: Could not replace C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\build747019834618 2104181.tmp\arial_bold.c

at processing.app.Base.saveFile(Base.java:2230)

at processing.app.Sketch.preprocess(Sketch.java:1460)

at processing.app.Sketch.preprocess(Sketch.java:1334)

at processing.app.Sketch.build(Sketch.java:1580)

at processing.app.Sketch.build(Sketch.java:1562)

at processing.app.Editor$DefaultRunHandler.run(Editor .java:1899)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

processing.app.debug.RunnerException: Problem moving arial_bold.c to the build folder

at processing.app.Sketch.preprocess(Sketch.java:1463)

at processing.app.Sketch.preprocess(Sketch.java:1334)

at processing.app.Sketch.build(Sketch.java:1580)

at processing.app.Sketch.build(Sketch.java:1562)

at processing.app.Editor$DefaultRunHandler.run(Editor .java:1899)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode