Pump for cleaning nano glass diffuser - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
Pump for cleaning nano glass diffuser

So yesterday as I was cleaning my tanks, i tried to find a way to clean the bleach, and rinse out the glass diffuser easier. I siliconed one end of an airline tube, and made a pin-hole to put a "ball pump" into. I the silicone wasn't cured so I couldn't try it. Today I put closed off the other end with my finger, and I couldn't pump... it holds the pressure! Next time I have to clean the diffuser, I'll let everyone know if it is successful or not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (15/86%)
what is the point of this. have you ever heard of an airpump?

This user has been suspended indefinitely due to the abuse of the Swap and Shop forum.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
An air pump, like the ones used in aquariums... they can't handle the pressure needed to produce bubbles in a diffuser. And I don't want to go to a gas station to used compressed air.

I used it today... wow! So many bubbles, and it cleaned all the co2 slime and other dirt on the disk. I didn't even need to soak it! If you want a fast clean this is the way to go. I'll still have to soak it in bleach every so often to kill off all the crap living in it, but for water changes this works great.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (208/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogmanjared View Post
An air pump, like the ones used in aquariums... they can't handle the pressure needed to produce bubbles in a diffuser.
They don't need to produce bubbles to clean out the bleach-water. They just need to be able to push the water through, which they do just fine.

For quick cleans with water changes, fill the diffuser top with Excel. Much faster and simpler.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 01:46 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (76/94%)
Air pumps work fine. All you need to do is hook them up, start them, and then I turn the diffuser upside down and you're set.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode