This question is to all of you who have the WC system OR to anyone ....
I have a WC system running on my aquarium. Currently I still have to flip 3 switches to do a water change. Not too bad.
Would love to have it done automatically with timers since Summer is coming up and I plan to take a few vacations.
It is a 150 gal - 6 steps process.
1. Turn off the float switches.
2. Turn off the main cycling pump - wet/dry system.
3. Turn on draining pump.
4. Turn off thhe draining pump.
5. Turn back on the float switch to refill the tank.
6. Turn back on the cycling pump.
The whole process only take about 30 minutes to change 70gal of water once a week.
Here are my questions. My budget is limited, probably around $50 or so.
1. Do I need 3 timers to control each individual pumps and float switch?
2. Digital timers? Which brand is more reliable?
3. Is there a single digital timer that can operate these 3 different items?
Any input and idea are all welcome.
Thanks in advance.