This will probably be my first post on this forum. I wanted to get some input on a LED build I'm considering before I invest in it.
4x 12up V4.1F multiLED chip from ReefLedLab @4x19
(Haven't heard much about these products in the freshwater community but in the reef, the few builds I found love them. Led me know what you think. They use Semileds.)
5x MW LDD 1000H @5x$5
1x MW LDD 700H @5.15
4x Rosewill RCX-Z100 heatsinks @4x$10
4x ReefLedLab [email protected]
4x ReefLedLab Medium Optics @4x$5
ebay 48V 5A 240W AC/DC Switch Power Supply (#380908347264) @$23.5
All run with a Arduino that I'm still researching.
Going over a 55 Gal Hex at 14" per side with a depth of 24" and about 2-3 inches of substrate. Will initially be a low tech (20-30 par) but I'd like to have the option to bump the power of the LED's and go high tech with CO2 in the future.
I'm looking for feedback:
1. Build in general, IE recommendations on different components, removal of components, etc...
2. I really like the shimmer effect caused by the LED's point source lighting and I'm wondering if adding the diffuser will cut down on this shimmer, also do I really need the diffuser?
3. I also have a part list using single 3 watt LED's from SteveLED that is 40 dollars more, is it worth going to that option?
4. Any ideas on how to make it cheaper?
5. Do MW LDD run at 100% with no pwm signal? I'm considering putting this together portion together and purchasing/building the controller separately.