DIY Forced Reactor - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question DIY Forced Reactor

An idea has been rolling around in my head regarding a DIY Co2 reactor and I wanted to run it by someone. I currently use a DIY Co2 system with a bubble ladder. I have a Magnum HOT on my tank along with an Wal-Mart AquaTec 60 on my 55g. I originally just had the HOT and felt it was not doing a good enough job. So I bought the AquaTec, which is just a pre-bio wheel Marineland model filter. The tank is crystal clear! Anyway, I have been looking at this DIY forced reactor, except I would set it up a little differently. The HOT has an option to add a bio wheel (I don't have it hooked up), which has a splitter on the output nozel (1 to bio wheel, 1 to tank). Instead of having it split to the bio wheel, have it go into this DIY forced reactor linked above. That way I would not need a power head.

Another option I have thought about is just putting the DIY CO2 tubing into the intake of the HOT filter. I have heard of folks doing this. My concern is it would ruin it, but then again a DIY CO2 system is not as powerful as a pressurized system so it may be okay.

Any thoughts on either of these ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)
im actually in the process of building one, cept mine is more or less just like the one in that link. instead of a gravel cleaner tube im using a much smaller vitaminwater bottle that i cut the bottom out of. i have these strips of foam that im just gona roll together and stuff in there. i just need a regulator i can attach to a 24oz co2 paintball canister.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode