Not to worry about the salt water. Many meds are salt based.
Different folks have different feelings but for my use, I would add a half cup or so of bleach to the soak. Bleach will react with any oil, etc. the wood might have found in the bay. Recent oil spills any where close? I just like to start by knowing I have a clean plate! Then if something should show up a week or so down the line, I can at least know it is not the wood or something on/ in it. I find it much easier to avoid trouble than to fix it!
For the chlorine worries you might read about, it is simple. Just soak overnight or so and when done pull it out, rinse it to dilute any chlorine left and let it dry good. The remaining chlorine will have gassed off when the wood is dry. When you can't smell chlorine any more, it is gone. Quick, easy , cheap insurance against anything that might be on/ in the wood.