My Multi Betta Tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
My Multi Betta Tank

I built this multi betta tank with UGF at the rear along with heater and pump which draws water from the front and releases it into the rear tank where the water after getting mixed and passing through the sand rises in the front tank through the laterite pebbles.

If you have a choice, you have a problem, till you elect your choice. No choice, no problem, only consequences, learn to live with them.

Last edited by essabee; 11-27-2008 at 03:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

A net to cover the substrate and UGF pebbles then added sand and set up the aquarium.

If you have a choice, you have a problem, till you elect your choice. No choice, no problem, only consequences, learn to live with them.

Last edited by essabee; 11-27-2008 at 03:42 AM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (71/100%)
Very nice idea...I like it. Will you be breeding them or fighting them?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 03:31 PM

Danger alert! Fighting them? Srsly?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (71/100%)
It is allowed in certain countries. I am pretty sure that they do it legally in Indonesia, isn't it? "Essabee" is in India and I can't be cetain if it is legal there or not but I've seen video about the Betta being caught in the wild and bred for fighting with others.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (140/100%)
Very nice design. Bettas are notorious jumpers so covering the top of the compartments is recomended if you don't what them visiting their neighbors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via MSN to James From Cali Send a message via Yahoo to James From Cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by dthb4438 View Post
It is allowed in certain countries. I am pretty sure that they do it legally in Indonesia, isn't it? "Essabee" is in India and I can't be cetain if it is legal there or not but I've seen video about the Betta being caught in the wild and bred for fighting with others.
Im sure essabee will not be fighting them!

Nice design essabee. There are tanks similar to this around here except they dont have the back for filtration.

NeonShrimp-I think it is covered.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 12:55 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (15/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Saraja87
lovely idea. Great if you're breeding, I always have more babies then I can place.

110 Tall in progress!

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 02:17 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)
great idea! looks really good.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 04:35 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Yes! I do have a clear acrylic cover over the front. No I don't intend my bettas to fight, I rather breed them but for that I will be using a different tank. I have designed and built different type of spawning tanks for egg scaterers but for betta spawning a 5G with slate bottom, potted plants/floating plants and UGF would I think be more appropriate as I need to remove the female without disturbing the bubble nest (I might need to design a female betta trap too).

I have ordered a mirror to cover the filter tank (face upwards) to cut off the light in the filter and bring the light to the front.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode