Co2 Reactor - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (104/100%)
Co2 Reactor

I made a co2 reactor like the Rexx style... I put the co2 line about 2" from the inlet of the reactor which is the opposite end from the T. I noticed when I moved it around to tie it down it released a ton of co2 into the tank. is this normal? is it because it is collecting in the top of the t and then getting released?
in this picture.. from http://rexgrigg.com/diy-reactor.htm
I have the co2 line going into the top of the reactor.. opposite the t end.. the top in the pic is the inlet and the t side is the exit. should I have hooked it up the other way with the co2 line on the end with the T? or will it hurt anything?

here is the pic

75 Gallon Planted Tank.

Filstar Pimp #136

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

I keep getting bursts of air shooting into the tank. Noticing that now while posting. every couple of minutes you can hear a rush going into the tank. I think I need to flip the co2 reactor over so the t end is the inlet. will it hurt anything if the co2 being injected is more towards where it gets expelled into the tank?

75 Gallon Planted Tank.

Filstar Pimp #136

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
It might just be pruging air from the entire system from when you had to shut things down to connect it.

What size filter are you using again? Keep forgetting.

Filstar Pimp #106

- XP2, Dual Aquaticlife link Fixture , Pressurized CO2, DIY Reactor, EI dosing

On hold for a while...

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

rena xp3's 2 of them

75 Gallon Planted Tank.

Filstar Pimp #136

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

I know what I did wrong.. I needed to put the water flowing in through the top against the co2 bubbles and out the bottom.. like a loop.. I will have to go out tonight and get the right hose to fix it.

75 Gallon Planted Tank.

Filstar Pimp #136

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

ok.. I switched up the setup. I now have the water going into the top of the reactor flowing through and leaving the bottom.. loops around and into the tank. I have it straight up and down with the T at the top. I have micro bubbles coming out of the spray bar constantly. is this normal for a certain time? I don't have the co2 running right now and it is doing it. the co2 is on a timer. help needed

75 Gallon Planted Tank.

Filstar Pimp #136

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 02:56 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (62/100%)
Send a message via AIM to eyebeatbadgers
New reactors can be a little gassy for a couple days. Try inverting the reactor to get any air bubbles out. Also, can you see that the Co2 isn't running, ie., with a bubble counter?

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

yep.. I have the co2 tank and regulator where I can see them.. yes it has a bubble counter. I have it on a timer and it is off. I did turn it on to see if it would be loud.. I couldn't hear a thing. I am looking at the tank right now and I can see air bubbles coming out of the spray bar. it is enough air that it is covering one of the sides of the tank. I checked for any leaks where it could be taking it in.. and nope.. no leaks

75 Gallon Planted Tank.

Filstar Pimp #136

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

they stopped already.. no more micro bubbles.. sweet!

75 Gallon Planted Tank.

Filstar Pimp #136

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode