sponge filter with powehead and co2 plumbed into it - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
sponge filter with powehead and co2 plumbed into it

So i was going to run my co2 line into a power head to diffuse it better than my crappy ceramic difusser does but that means one more piece of equipment in my tank, not ideal.

Has anyone ever plumbed the co2 line onto a sponge filter where the air line would normally go and then it would travel into the power head and diffuse it?

Or would it create some weird vacuum issue withe the co2 regulator and needle valve having the suction of the powerhead pulling on it?

So i'd still have the sponge filter for filtration and a difusser for my co2 all in one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 06:43 PM
Planted Member

i have a simular setup

power head upside down long tube and a sponge filter at top
sucks in my c02 uses a rex design to pull the water and break up the co2 the powerhead is just pulling the water all around

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

is yours attached to where the air line would normally go on the sponge filter to create the flow for the filter to work? or is the co2 dispersed under the sponger filter and it's just sucking up the bubbles and diffusing them with the powerhead

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Planted Member

i run mine in the top intake under the sponge filter

old pict but you can see it in tank
nows has a filter screen on the bottem l103 wanted to cave in there

older shot but u can see it better here

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Got it hooked up. Every time a bubble passes through you can hear it. Bubbles are way smaller than my crappy diffuser. They float around and stay suspended for a while. Crappy part is you can see them. I should put a small piece of foam in the outtake to hold the bubbles a little to soak into the water.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode