Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Muskego, Wisconsin
Hello, I have one of these systems as well. A few things to consider.
First, I think the volume of the jug they give you is too small. I replaced it with a 2 liter soda bottle, and I get a lot more gas out.
Secondly, I did not have a lot of luck with their mix. I am not sure why, but it did not seem to work very well. I tried a few variations, but what I have kind of settled on is using 6 cups of dechlorinated tap water, 1 cup of cane sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of Fleischmans's yeast. This tends to work for close to two weeks, but I usually replace it at about the 10 day mark due to smell.
The final thing is that the venturi can get dirty. If this happens it might not be pulling as much gas into the water as it should.