Please help me purchase what I need to for my Co2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Please help me purchase what I need to for my Co2

Hi guys!

I need some help. I am really wanting to do Co2. I have gone back in forth with doing the yeast/sugar mix and pressurized. I know pressurized can cost a little more but I recently found an article that talked about its advantages, and how it be only slightly more expensive in the long run, but produce better results. My problem is that I do not know exactly what to buy. I was hoping somebody would be kind enough to help me pick exactly what I need piece by piece, so we can ensure it'll work out.

This what I have so far
http://www.amazon.com/Empire-Paintball-24oz-CO2-Tank/dp/B007XKFQCMhttp://www.amazon.com/Paintball-Adapter-Station-3000psi-Shipping/dp/B00GE7GEB2/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1396320626&sr=1-2&keywords=co2+gaugehttp://www.amazon.com/Natural-System-Bubble-Counter-Suction/dp/B0002DI1W4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1396320691&sr=8-4&keywords=clear+co2+tubinghttp://www.amazon.com/Jardin-Plastic-Aquarium-Valves-2-Piece/dp/B00880E1ZY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396320797&sr=8-2&keywords=co2+check+valve
I think that is it. Would these items work for me? or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 03:35 AM
Algae Grower

Id get the Aquatek co2 regulator mini. The on/off adapter/gauge isn't what you want.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 05:18 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

a little more than i was looking to spend but this may be the way to go. Thanks.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 06:21 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (44/100%)
truthfully, that Aquatek will be least amount you will spend. I have one at my house used it and it works great, but pressurized systems go up from that price. if you are thinking of doing that, look to spend @ least 100$ or more. You can make one for cheaper than you can buy a pre-made one, just depends on how much you want to get into it. BUT I will tell you from personal experience get something quality, it will last a lifetime, get something cheap and you will most likely buy another (I did and there is a HUGE difference, ugh). Check this article out, its all about regulators.
I would advise against using the on/off turn valve, Had one, used it like a month and switched out to something that was reliable. just my 2 cents though.
Good luck to you!

-=:Sketch804:=-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fluval pimp #31

Last edited by sketch804; 04-01-2014 at 06:25 AM. Reason: missing info
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Here is a thread on 1. Uncertain about the safety of it.

Here paintball set up with regulator.

Just google paintball Co2 for planted tank and you will find a lot.

I wonder if this AQUA Labs Co2 Regulator Manometer for US CGA320 would work and be safe

Last edited by Hilde; 04-06-2014 at 03:02 PM. Reason: added
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Algae Grower

From my limited experience with co2 systems If i had to start all over i would spend the money and get it right the first time instead of trying to cut cost and replace everything over and over again till I gave up and sank the money into a decent system (at which point it cost 3 times the amount). I don't think i could ever use a regulator without a solenoid again, the less i have to manipulate the less likely i am to destabilize my tank.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode