HELP! DIY Autodoser - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
HELP! DIY Autodoser

Hello, I at this point only dose my tank with flourish excel. But i would like to put this on an autodoser! All the builds i can find on here are for 3 pumps. Should i be dosing with all 3 ferts or stick with what i got, if so how do i build one auto doser?

One does not simply have just one tank!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 03:34 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
It depends what setup you have with your tank right now.

Most people running high tech tanks with CO2 will usually dose macros from one bottle and micros from another. I've seen some people use the third bottle for supplements like iron or excel.

If you're looking at making this as simple as possible, take a look at this thread. It uses a couple of components and timers to get the dosing pumps running. Read the whole thread before you decide to buy anything.

If you're feeling adventurous and want to learn some electrical and programming, take a look at this thread. It uses an Arduino microcontroller to accurately control when the pumps will turn on or off. It's more involved, but also provides a lot of flexibility to very accurately control the pumps and can even be expanded to do other tasks like controlling the tank's lights and CO2.

Any of the above options can be scaled down to have only 1 dosing pump.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 04:06 PM
Children Boogie

PTrader: (13/100%)
you should dose nutrients too even at a low level.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 04:37 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Here is a link https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...E4FpI8j34KmKgQ

I built 2 works great!
Pull off the nozzle on the supplied canister and buy a cheap water spray bottle from the cosmetic/ ditty bag isle from wally world and and switch nozzles they fit perfect!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1396110922787.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	297370  

Warranty not included

Last edited by houbanna; 03-29-2014 at 04:42 PM. Reason: added material
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 06:02 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
If you are going to the trouble of doing it, I would just go ahead and do three unless it's cost prohibitive. One for Macros, one for Micros, one for Excel. However, if you just want to do one, there is no reason why you can't just do one. Most people who make this do it specifically for ferts so that's why there is usually a minimum of two pumps. Some people get really crazy with it and dose each fert though an individual dosing pump, most use 2 or 3.

-Matt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode