regulator? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (41/100%)
regulator?

how cheap can I put together a regulator and solenoid for co2?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 02:38 AM
►◊ ◊◄

PTrader: (24/100%)
Send a message via MSN to conduct Send a message via Yahoo to conduct
Going cheap = dead fish... I would just go with a Milwaukee it works and good prices on them.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 02:45 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)
I saw the thread topic "regulator" in the DIY forum and I knew trouble was stirring about!

lol

Go Milwaukee, JBJ, or Azoo.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 02:52 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (50/100%)
You can get:

Cheap as in inexpensive
Cheap as in Quality

but You won't get:

Quality Inexpensively
or
Inexpensive Quality

bestaquariumregulator.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I already have a JBJ Regulator, but I need another for a different setup. I think I will go Mil. THanks
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Planted Member

i'm avoiding Milwaukee

I personally got started going with a pressurized CO2 setup and I bought a Milwaukee regulator. While rigging the thing up to a CO2 tank, I realized that the working pressure gauge (on the right hand) was blown. The working pressure was 0psi, but it constantly read 30psi. I contacted Milwaukee about possibly getting a replacement. After several exchanges, this was the final result, direct from the Sales Manager at Milwaukee:

Quote:
I am the manager here at Milwaukee Instruments and I have just received a copy of the communications between our Support department and you over the last few days regarding your blown right side flow rate gauge.

From your e-mail I gather you do understand or want to accept that the right side gauge is not covered by warranty and is stated so in the documentation that comes with the regulator. As you have been told already, the right side gauge has no influence on the proper operation of the regulator. The only gauge that matters regarding the proper gas flow is the bubble counter.

This matter is closed.

Sincerely
Bryan Moore
Milwaukee Instruments, USA
And this was my final word to them, in keeping with my promise to them:
Quote:
Thank you, Mr. Moore, for your response. While I have read your response, I do *not* find it acceptable, but if you deem the matter closed, then it's closed and I have no recourse. As a consumer, my expectation is that if something is broken, it either gets fixed or replaced. Why would I settle for something that doesn't function correctly?

You may be right in stating that the blown gauge may not have an effect on proper operation, but a blown gauge is still a blown gauge. Your regulator is the first I've ever bought, and I'm very disappointed that you do not stand by your product. As I likened to in my last email, it's like a car with a broken gas meter or speedometer. If I have no gas left in my tank but the gas gauge tells me I have a 1/4 tank left, where would that leave me? Or if I'm going 80mph, and the speedometer reads 60mph, how much trouble could I get into? I realize that my example is a bit more extreme than a blown working pressure gauge, but the principle is the same.

Further, I find it odd that you have to void the warranty on the working pressure gauge. What that says to me is that this is a common occurrence and your company should be avoided. It means that your products are unreliable. I guess I should be glad I'm finding this out now before I waste more of my money on your products.

I also did not appreciate the insinuation that I was to blame for the blown gauge (user error). I followed the directions as specified on the box, but the gauge was broken to begin with.

Mr. Moore, there are other reputable companies in the market that also make CO2 regulators (i.e., your competitors) that I have heard good things about and that *do* stand by their products. I'll be sure to give them my business. Please note that I will be posting your response on forums that I participate in and steer folks away from your products, as it seems, you do *not* stand by them.

Take care.

richy

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Very interesting. I have never heard anything bad about them before, until now. I thought a person had 30-90 days to return items to companies if things were broke from the start. Basically, they sold you a broken regulator and say they will not replace it. Thanks for the help. I think I will get another JBJ regulator as I have had good luck with the one I already have. Thanks!

Matt
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

"Milwaukee warrants all products to be free of defects in material and workmanship as stated in the operating manual."

That was taken from their website...
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Planted Member

Apparently, they include a slip with each regulator now that states what the manager stated in his reply to me. Mine did not come with one, but they sent it to me over email.... Either way, lame.

The regulator works fine... it just doesn't register the correct working pressure, and that makes me a little antsy. So I'll cross my fingers... see what happens.

richy

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

That is crap!
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 01:12 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)
Man, you took it a lot better than I would have...

Thanks for passing the information along. I now know that I will never do business with them. I purchased one of Rex's regulators and I love it.

Thanks for the heads up!

J. Fouts

75G Heavily Planted - 2x96W AH Supply CP, XP3, Magnum HOT, EI Ferts, Pressurized CO2 with

46G Moderately Planted - AC300, DIY CO2, Excel and small doses of ferts. Setting up for CRS with mosses and slow growers
10G Misc Tank (used for QT mainly at this time)
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 04:44 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
my next step would be to go above this joker, possible the head of marketing/sale or the ceo and send them a nice letter expressing your dissatisfaction. i would also include any affiliations, stated explicitly, you might have (e.g., sfbaafs, plantedtank, others) and tell them you will not recommend their products to other members as you have done. although i have one of their products, i definitely would not buy from them based on your customer service experience. bastids!!
-snafu
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 08:14 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)
I have had zero problems with my regulator I got from rexgrigg.com

FUNction over form

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
From what I've seen here ,for every happy Milwaukee regulator owner there is 3-5 unhappy ones!what does it tell you ?it tells you that when you consider buying a Milwaukee regulator you are taking a chance ,it could most likely give you problems. so people don't be fooled or drawn to the low prices of these regulators ,there is a reason for it,they obviously have a quality control issue.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (7/100%)
I bought my regulator from BeverageFactory.com. I got the Regulator and a 20 lb CO2 tank for $180 shipped. I am still in the process of setting everything up. Over all I have about $260 in parts to complete the CO2 system.

MAHA

29G Planted: 7 Glowlite Tetra's, 6 Black Neon Tetra's, Cherry Shrimp and Some Feeder Guppies.

75G Freshwater: 5 Angel, 5 Tiger Barbs, and 5 Albino Cory Cats.
See it here:

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode