Building a filter into a 10 gallon tank? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Building a filter into a 10 gallon tank?

I have an empty 10 gallon tank laying around and I am looking for a new project. I would love to set the tank up at my office, and an all in one solution would be pretty cool to have, so I'm considering building a filter into the back of the tank with some plexiglass and silicone.

I like the filter volume that comes with a built in filter, and plus I don't plan on keeping very much in the tank (lots of plants, maybe a couple fish, but most likely shrimp) so the lost volume isn't really concerning to me.

Is this by any means a reasonable endeavor? Obviously buying an Aquaclear and some purigen and calling it a day is the easy route, but hey, this is the DIY section right? I've looked around for what other people have done, but I can't seem to find the right search terms.

I have some designs in mind which I will draw up later. Any feedback in the meantime is appreciated!

EDIT: found a design: https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=191156

Last edited by Ductapemaster; 07-31-2013 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Found someone else's project

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode