My New DIY Stand!! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)
My New DIY Stand!!

Hello everyone,

I just finished building a custom stand for my new 10 gallon 'Frankentank'. I wanted something with a little cupboard space to keep some of my junk together. I hoped to put a journal together for the whole project since I'm planning on some pretty neat DIY stuff for computer controls. (Admin says the journal is still down). The tank is going to be nothing more than a breeder/experiment tank.

What do you think? Pictures are poor, because....well, I'm just not very good at photography yet. Plus, the dark cherry stain just doesn't photograph that well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Interested in Science? Want to learn more about what's happening inside your aquarium? Join SEAR and get started. PM for more details!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 02:17 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Very nice I like the cherry stain. Much better that I could ever do. I dont trust my wood working abilities to hold any volume of water above a carpeted area.

I see you are from the UP(I am from Green Bay) what part are you in? I head up towards Ontonagan a couple times of the year to go backpacking in the porcupine mountains. I doubt if you have too many aquatic stores to choose from up there if you are in that area.

Anyways...nice stand. Kudos

-Scott
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks Scott, I actually live in Ontonagon. About 10 milles outside the Porcupine Mountain State Park....Love the 'Lake in the Clouds'. It's one of the few unspoiled areas left in the country. I've only been here a couple of months. I've lived in Florida for the last 10 years. But WOW, is this a beautiful place!

There is only one store near Houghton in the whole area (50 miles away). The store is nice, but limited compared to Florida. I'm into saltwater too, and Live Rock is $9.00 a pound here!!!! SO...I've been relying a lot on this forum, Ebay, and other sites on the internet for the stuff that I need. I hear that Dr's Foster & Smith are in Rhinelander, supposedly very nice selection in house. I've been thinking about taking a trip there, but it is awful far away!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Interested in Science? Want to learn more about what's happening inside your aquarium? Join SEAR and get started. PM for more details!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 05:58 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hi,
I Like it, looks very proctical as well as beautifull.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks, rlong!!

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 01:37 AM

PTrader: (28/100%)
I think it looks sweet. Especially the storage overhead, that's something you really don't see every day.

RE: porkies, I'm really, really hoping to do some 'packing around there next summer. Do I need to get some reservations or anything (I know that pictured rocks is a little picky...).

Nice work
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks esarkipato.

RE: Porkies.....Well, I think you could roll a bowling ball through town and never pass a car. It's pretty remote around here. There's always people from other parts of the country, but I don't think they'll be any problems 'packing around here. There are plenty of campsites available at the park, some with power, some just flat spots with a grill. I don't think you'll have any problems.

Here's a couple of pics of the park I took in September:

http://www.beckulture.com/Porcupine%...4-06%20020.jpg

http://www.beckulture.com/Porcupine%...4-06%20022.jpg

http://www.beckulture.com/Porcupine%...4-06%20011.jpg

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode