My 75g tank & stand - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
My 75g tank & stand

Just thought I'd share my tank stand construction.. I had looked at the pet stores and no one made a tall stand; being 6'3" (and my girlfriend is 5'10") I can't stand (no pun intended) the short stands that are available - not to mention the price. The base is out of 3/4" MDF, and the trim is just 1"x4" pine. I used the concealed hinges on the door.

My girlfriend has taken a liking to asian art, so she painted this on the door to match the decor of the living room;

Here's the tank in it's current state; I got a 20# CO2 tank.

Here's the CO2 tank; I picked up the Milwaukee CO2 regulator/solenoid/needle valve/bubble counter setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 02:59 AM
Banned

PTrader: (24/100%)
Nice work.

Ehfipimp #273 ( Eheim Classic: 2260, 2217, Eheim Ecco: 2236, 2232 ) Fluval FX5

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 04:30 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (84/100%)
Beautiful, but why isn't the CO2 tank inside the middle part of the stand? It kinda spoils the effect there. What lights did you put in the hood? AH Supply, I hope? But, its beautiful in any case.

Hoppy

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 05:03 AM
Banned

PTrader: (24/100%)
I am assuming that the filter is in the middle compartment. Doesnt look like there would be enough room for the CO2 tank as well.

Ehfipimp #273 ( Eheim Classic: 2260, 2217, Eheim Ecco: 2236, 2232 ) Fluval FX5

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Lights are two 110w 48" VHO. I don't exactly remember which bulbs I got. I think they are URI, one is white actinic and the other I can't remember. Right now the canopy just lifts up; I will be redesigning it since I really don't like the way it sits. I just got a ballast kit with the waterproof ends and wired it up myself. I'm not 100% up to par on all the terminology so the "newbie" title I have fits at this point. Most of the direction I've recieved has been from my sister (at least on the tank itself, not the stand.) So if it looks like I don't have something that makes sense, by all means, speak up and please let me know!

I have a Magnum 350 Pro cannister filter inside.. there's no room for the CO2 tank at all. If I had bought a smaller CO2 tank, it would fit. However, I do have a pantry behind that wall (kitchen) where I could put the tank and just run the hose/wire through the wall.

I'm looking to build a media filter setup too, where it goes through multiple stages of different media, and has a CO2 reactor in it as well. Right now I just have the CO2 bubbling into the intake right there in the tank, and letting the Magnum 350 diffuse it. The CO2 tank was pretty cheap - $75, full, from one of the local welding supply houses. $15 to refill. I live near a LOT of refineries so there's plenty of welding supply shops around.

REALLY enjoying some of those posts in here, especially a lot of Wasserpests' nitfy gizmos. Giving me lots of ideas!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode