Can this be right??? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
Can this be right???

I read up a how to on how to make my own co2 with a 2 liter bottle. It said that by the next day I would begin to see bubbles.

So I made it all up and followed the instructions, and only 45 minutes later I have a steady stream of little bubbles! Could it really be working already?

Something so expensive and addictive HAS to be illegal. I'm just waiting for the police to break down my door and confinscate my fish food.
What's my sign? I'm an aquarist. --- 18g Planted Guppies, 15g Planted Killifish, 40g Planted Molly, 55g Asst Cichlids, 120g Planted Community, 60g Salty Reef, 180g Planted Goldfish

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
___
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
___
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 07:35 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (28/100%)
Send a message via MSN to esarkipato
Most definitely, especially if you used warm water to activate the yeast. How many bubbles in how many seconds/minutes are you getting?

-Ernie

: 110W PC Lights, Milwaukee MA957 CO2, Fluorite/Sand Substrate, Checked into E.I. Rehab

MY RENA FILSTAR XP3 PIMPS ME! (#67)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Ummmm... I used a white diffuser (like comes with undergravel) so is making tiny-tiny bubbles... maybe 30-50 per second, and then a bigger bubble builds up and rises about once a second.

Is this too much?

Something so expensive and addictive HAS to be illegal. I'm just waiting for the police to break down my door and confinscate my fish food.
What's my sign? I'm an aquarist. --- 18g Planted Guppies, 15g Planted Killifish, 40g Planted Molly, 55g Asst Cichlids, 120g Planted Community, 60g Salty Reef, 180g Planted Goldfish

___
___

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Oh, the tank is a 20gal if that is important to know.

___
___
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Am I having too many bubbles?

___
___
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 10:04 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (84/100%)
When you first start with CO2 be sure to watch the fish for signs of distress. If they all go to the surface and seem to be gasping, you have too much CO2. If everything looks normal, then you don't have too much. Or, you can measure KH and PH and look up the ppm in a table like at : http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_co2chart.htm
30 ppm is a good number to shoot for.

Hoppy
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Okay... thanks! I only have 4 minnows in there right now and they seem happy still. I will keep an eye on them.

___
___

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode