c o2 and oxygen from my sump - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
c o2 and oxygen from my sump

i want to diffuse co2 in my sumps pump, but i also want the outlet to the tank to be above the water and put oxygen into the tank, how do i have both??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to medicineman
Take a look at "the rex reactor" and connect it to your return line. If you are concerned that it might leaks, just put it inside your sump.
Oxygen? you mean aeration? just create some ripples on your water surface by springklers or letting 2/3 of the return line submerged. But not too high that you will outgas that CO2 from the reactor. You dont want to add too much aeration. Use just enough to preserve CO2 concentration. By the way the way that sumps works will give you enough oxygen level already.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (22/100%)
IMHO, If you have lots of fast growing plants aeration is not a problem. Pearling is when the plants put out enough O2 to saturate the water to the point where no more can be dissolved. So you see lots of little bubbles in the tank. If you are concerned about O2 levels at night, you can run an air stone then, but Iíve noticed I get O2 (I presume) out gassing in my CO2 reactor towards the end of the light cycle, and it goes away by morning meaning that the O2 gets re-dissolved by morning.

Walter

and
or my
Proud former member of:

--May the floor under your tank always be dry, and your glass clear!!!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

alright thanks, whats a rex reacter? could i make my own?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 12:08 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy
alright thanks, whats a rex reacter? could i make my own?
here https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22296

and yes
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

this is the (2ft sump)i'm building where could i put this reactor, any ideas or suggestions about my sump please tell me, this is my first one

um sorry how do you add a picture
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 06:23 PM

I run a sump, and have found a great way to diffuse CO2.

In my 150g, it has an overflow and sump.

Within my sump there is a fluval 204.

What I hae done is used a plastic water bottle, the 250 ml size (not important) with the pull up drinking nipple (important).

I've reefed out the pull up section of the drinky thingy, filled the bottle with coarse filter material (from my old wet/dry) and popped two holes in the bottle.

To this I've attached the output of the fluval to the drinky thingy, it is a perfect fit, and stuck the CO2 output into the bottle of the bottle through the holes I punched.

The flow of the fluval goes down the bottle, out the holes in the bottom and the CO2 goes up.

I can pump in an much O2 as I want, and the best thing is this is quiet, and hidden in the sump.

I tried the microbubbles in the tank through the return of the sump, and it was just too noisy.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 07:52 PM
PT Biologist

PTrader: (4/100%)
I just bubble the CO2 into the intake of the QuietOne pumps in my sumps. I have the pump outflows positioned just above the water surface of the aquariums, I get that 'hairdryer' effect without the hairdryer. If the doors are closed on the stands I don't hear anything other than some distant quietly running water.

Sean

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

It's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot.

That IS an aquascape, it's titled "The Vacant Lot".
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 11:57 PM

when I bubbled CO2 into the quietone pump in my sump I could always hear the sound.... Kacheeee,.....Kacheeeee... The sound of the bubble getting chopped up etc....

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode